Restaurant General Manager
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Must value and support our TEAM!
- Must value and care for our guests!
- Will assist with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling in a concerted effort to drive retention
- Will evaluate and develop processes to drive performance and productivity
- Will own and ensure accountability of all standards of health, safety, emergency management, sanitation, maintenance, and licensing; company mandated and locally mandated
- Will assume direct responsibility for the coaching and development of venue leadership, chefs and managers
- Will drive venue performance through ongoing team and individual feedback through evaluation, coaching, counseling and progressive
- Will defines and demonstrate Employee Standards of Conduct
- Will have direct oversight of day-to-day operations, including floor management, team management and the overall guest experience
- Will collaborate with regional and corporate management in the development and implementation of annual budgets, operating plans, policies and procedures, productivity, team engagement; will be responsible for forward progress and agreed upon completion timelines
- Will have direct responsibility for P&L analysis: maintaining budgets, costs of goods, labor costs, expenses, overtime, inventory and customer feedback
- Responsible to liaise with and assist other Disruptive Group teams
- Promote sbe’s culture of authenticity, mastery and innovation
KEEPING IT FOCUSED
- Will communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Will communicate with team using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Will remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Will make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Will develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures within your scope of responsibility.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Collaborate with and complete other projects as assigned by Disruptive Group and sbe Corporate leadership.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure that all staff follows and are in compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Our strongest candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Five (5) years of hospitality industry management experience, in the restaurant environment
- Strong local hospitality experience and commitment – you understand the importance of connection within our communities and work to promote and foster it
- Ability to work under pressure – asserting initiative, maintaining a sense of urgency both while maintaining composure.
- Ability to connect; resolve conflict, drive engagement, and develop teams – you are the CHRO of this restaurant.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and modify operations to meet financial goals – you are the CFO of this restaurant.
- Ability to embrace full leadership of the team and the business – you are the CEO of this restaurant.
- Ability to Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Functional Expertise: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Ability to Lead: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Motivated by
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by reward
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Proficient in Windows Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job function