About Maxx Fitness:
Fitness can go beyond just a hobby to being a fulfilling and financially rewarding career. Working with a brand that is rapidly expanding is the best choice you can make.
Maxx Fitness Clubzz is a luxury gym chain offering state of the art equipment and affordable membership rates. Maxx strives to always deliver an excellent experience for members. You can take part in this success and play a role in each relationship that gets created. Best of all, there's no need to start from scratch. Realize your full potential as a business owner by taking advantage of the MAXX playbook and fully integrated support with the backing of their expert team.
Founded in 2011 by health and fitness professionals hailing from a range of specialized backgrounds. Our experts enjoy working closely together with you to maximize your fitness goals, creating constantly evolving plans to challenge you in a fun, inspiring, and social environment. Each of our 25,000 square foot locations hosts state-of-the-art cardio machines, a full lineup of classes and instructors, and features amenities like our smoothie bar and Kidzone.
Unlike other low-cost gym franchises, Maxx Fitness Clubzz cuts no corners for their customers. One of the fastest growing fitness franchises with locations already open in RI, PA, OH, and NJ see why our offerings far exceed other gyms with comparable pricing plans. Membership fees start at only $10-$19.99 and grant access to state-of-the-art cardio machines, comprehensive offerings of classes and instructors, and even smoothie bars, cinema cardio rooms, and Kids Zones so parents can work out peacefully.
Maxx Fitness is always looking for talented people with a passion for fitness.
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth, efficient and profitable operation of a club with a focus on driving membership sales, member satisfaction, personnel training and employee development.
The General Manager ensures the fiscal effectiveness of all profit centers and provides leadership to accomplish overall departmental objectives. Our general Manager will work hand in hand with their management team to guarantee operational excellence.
We are a rapidly growing company that is looking for Managers on our team to want to grow their careers with us. We believe in promoting within and ensuring growth opportunities for our employees.
Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures set by corporate and make sure they are being uniformly enforced. Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement. Provides the time to coach, train and develop each staff member's sales and customer service skills through practice and training. Provides feedback and positive reinforcement on a regular basis to encourage and motivate staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The General Manager is accountable for the daily, monthly and yearly financial performance of the club while driving revenue and managing expenses. Ensure the club is meeting or exceeding the daily, monthly and yearly membership forecast. Oversees the Fitness Manager and Fitness Classes to ensure that the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are met.
Works in collaboration with the personal training department to ensure the club is meeting or exceeding the daily, monthly and yearly personal training forecast. Ensures that the ancillary departments are achieving or exceeding revenue targets by providing the guidance and direction the team needs to effectively hit these goals.
Prepare the club's success on a daily basis by putting a plan and effectively communicating that plan to the team on how to reach the daily goals.
Understands the company's core values and overall culture of the business, leading by example and holding all employees accountable and holding to the club standards. Works closely with the corporate team on making the decision to hire all sales and training staff at the club.
Arranges meetings with underperforming staff to provide a coaching session and a progress improvement plan. Meets with the Fitness Manager daily to strategize on how to get the personal training department to goal. Takes the time to coach and teach the Fitness Manager and staff.
Meets with the personal trainers on a daily basis to make a plan on how each individual trainer is going to get to goal each month. Takes that time to coach and teach how that trainer will be successful.
Attends monthly management meetings with corporate staff to present their club's performance and overview of the current club status. Conducts monthly reviews of the employees. Personally conducts or appoints staff members to walk through of their club hourly to ensure that the equipment, locker rooms and overall facility maintenance are meeting the standards.
- Team performance and effectiveness
- Member satisfaction and retention
- Membership sales
- Facilitate integration of personal training into the tours
- Ensure Personal Training team follows proper procedures in session redemption.
- Oversee personal training manager in ensuring all components of departmental objectives are satisfied.
- Track completion of opening/closing checklists, repairs & maintenance log, locker log and cleaning checklist.
- Ensure proper inventory of maintenance parts.
- Monitor flagged check-in's to increase revenue and collections.
- Assist in the processing/submission and approval of payroll.
Must have sales and operations experience. Must have a positive attitude, be team oriented, a good leader, and career driven.
At least three years of management experience in a sales/revenue generation environment, including direct experience in profit and loss management and staff management.
Required Skills and Experience
- College degree (preferred)
- Fitness club management experience preferred
- Physical demands include ability to regularly walk through all areas of the club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting (restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary)
- Must be able to work at least 48 hours per week, or other hours necessitated by business needs.
- AED/CPR Certification (preferred)
Job Competencies Required
To successfully perform in the role, the General Manager must be able to show demonstrated proficiency in the following leadership competency areas:
- Ability to develop a high performing team
- Ability to achieve measurable results
- Ability to create an environment of mutual respect, trust and accountability
In addition, the General Manager must be able to show demonstrated proficiency in the following job specific competency areas:
- Ability to drive membership sales
- Ability to control payroll costs
- Ability to prevent and resolve staff or member conflict
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Ability to plan and organize the work necessary to run a successful club
- Serve as a role model for employees
- Communicate effectively by holding weekly and individual meeting with all key club personnel.
- Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. The ability to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk.
If you share our passion for fitness and serving others, be part of a MAXX winning team.
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.
We offer a very competitive salary and monthly bonus package. We are a rapidly growing company that is looking for managers on our team to want to grow their careers with us. We believe in promoting within and ensuring growth opportunities for our employees.
Earning Potential $50,000-$65,000 per year.
Company 401(k) Paid Time Off Vacation Time after one year.