ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Work with chefs and other personnel to plan specials consistent with the Obika’ philosophy. Work with chefs for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Estimate food and beverage costs. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste and comply with the Product Manual. Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
2. Supervise operation of bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
3. Work with the corporate office to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
4. Ensure customer service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions compliant with the Service Manual to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
5. Direct hiring, training, and scheduling of food service personnel. Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs, consistent with corporate approved budget. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
6. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
7. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and
maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
8. Comply with all health and safety regulations.
9. Review and monitor, with bookkeeper and corporate office, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations. Work to improve performance and efficiencies; increase sales and minimize costs including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
10. Ensure that all financial (invoices and reporting) and other administrative duties are completed.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by corporate office.
Provide direct supervision to kitchen and wait staff, including hiring, training promotion, performance management, motivation and counseling and termination
when necessary. Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferably college degree (in restaurant management or related subject is a plus); and At least 3 years of progressively responsible restaurant management experience; or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to handle basic mathematical calculations, including percentages, discounts, money management, basic bookkeeping.
Ability to handle complex situations with little guidance from written or oral policies and procedures; ability to make quick decisions based on the information at hand.
Must be proficient in basic computer skills, including Excel, Word, Micros POS, ADP Payroll Systems, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures,
personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.