Raines Hospitality Inc. is seeking a General Manager for Hyatt Place, Mt. Pleasant
Administers, directs, and controls the operations of the Hotel. Accountable for achieving budgeted revenues/profits, while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by Raines Hospitality Inc. and the Hyatt Place Brand.
Other duties may be assigned
- If available, trains associates in the various departments how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities while in accordance with established objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Keep open communication between managers and associates.
- Provides disciplinary action when, and if, necessary.
- Provides associates with the tools they need to perform their jobs.
- Takes immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the Hotel.
- Participates and conduct the following
a. Daily Stand-Up Meetings or Huddles
b. property P.I.C. (Person in Charge) Training
c. weekly sales meetings
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Ensures the proper recruiting, interviewing, screening, reference checking, and hiring procedures are followed.
- Ensures accurate records of necessary federal, state, and local reports as required by the applicable laws, franchise SOPs, and Raines Hospitality Inc.'s local SOPs.
- Ensures accurate records and reports all OSHA information required by law.
- Monitors department salary and hourly wage structure.
- Coordinates Management Orientation Program.
- Interviews and hires new personnel as last interview in process.
- Reviews, approves, and makes final decision on all terminations.
- Evaluates assigned staff performance on a, ninety days, and annual basis.
- Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the Raines Hospitality Inc. organization.
- Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Project enthusiastic, optimistic, helpful attitude.
- Assist other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Raines Hospitality Inc. Associate Handbook.
- Monitor service trends by speaking with guests and reviewing written guest comment cards and guest tracking information to ensure brand and Raines Hospitality Inc's service standards are achieved.
- Resolve all service issues via written communication or phone calls to the complete satisfaction of hotel customers.
- Recognize associates for demonstrating outstanding service initiative with guests and fellow associates.
- Understand competitive market conditions and communicate this information with the Director of Sales.
- Participate in developing hotels direct sales plan/pricing strategy.
- Investigate lost or turndown business.
- Represent the hotel in the market and develop relationships with key accounts.
- Review inventory control and selling strategy daily.
- Oversee comp rooms and charity donations inquiries.
- Handle local media inquiries regarding advertising, questioning, and representation.
- Review Invoices and approve for payment.
- Ensure budgeted revenues and profits are achieved.
- Ensure accounting policies are in place.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Ensure food service meets proper food handling sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for sanitation standards via monthly inspections of guest rooms, public areas, grounds, storage/work areas and all kitchen areas.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance programs are completed on schedule and meet brand and Raines Hospitality Inc.'s quality standards.
- Ensure that energy conservation programs are in place.
- Responsible for management systems - i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Become involved in community affairs and government - i.e. Councils, local hotel associations and local charities.
- Check call accounting system regularly. Review phone charges to ensure proper billing.
- Assist Engineering Manager by planning redo projects determine recommended scope for work outside of the general redo resolve redo related problems with Engineering Manager.
- Review invoices for major projects resolve problems as necessary.
- review service contracts with vendors, review bids and make recommendations periodically check on service quality track expiration of local contracts and license renewal.
- Work to resolve legal issues related to standard warranty process for building damage.
- College degree in Hospitality preferred
- General Manager experience preferred
- Has managed/overseen both & Rooms Division Limited Food & Beverage
- Excellent planning, organization, and guest services skills
- Outstanding leadership and communication abilities
- Proven track record in the hotel industry demonstrating achievement of outstanding profit and guest service related goals
- Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds repetitively
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays