Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At the new arena at Seattle Center, we will provide the food and beverage concessions and luxury suites for our partner at a world class facility. We’re working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.The Opportunity
As a General Manager of our operation you will be responsible for effectively and profitably managing all aspects of this operation to include concessions and retail. Your performance will be evaluated on these critical areas.
- Maintain positive customer/client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices, while providing efficient services and quality products.
- Maintain management staff and ensure proper hiring and promoting of associates company standards.
- Determine and control staffing levels in an effort to maximize net returns to the client while maintaining satisfactory Guest Service levels.
- Make operational recommendations and establish prices for products and services within approved budget.
- Be held accountable for establishing and maintaining proper safety and sanitation procedures as well as ensuring proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Ensure unit compliance with federal, state, local, and company regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment and EEO guidelines.
- Verify, prepare and submit reports/monthly projections as required as well as ensure effective systems for cash, inventory and payroll procedures are in place.
- Minimum of 7-10 years management experience in the contract foodservice industry, preferably encompassing in concessions and retail
- Prior new unit opening experience required
- Experience in a top 5 arena with union and NPO environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or similar
- Candidates with a strong commitment to customer and client relationships, integrity, leadership and team building skills and a dynamic approach
- Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Operational financial management accountability and budgeting experience
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.