The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and enabling the success of their location by providing superior care to our canine clients, driving associate engagement, and focusing on store results. The role is responsible for creating an environment that drives store sales growth and profitability while providing unparalleled customer service and a positive work environment.
Essential duties and specific RESPONSIBILITIES -- includes the following - other duties may be assigned.
- Provide overall direction to improve store operations within an assigned store and meet operational objectives
- Manage the quality and execution of our daily service delivery. i.e- daycare, boarding, etc.
- Lead by example, motivate your team to deliver exceptional customer service
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Create work schedules ensuring staffing needs are met based on business needs
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees; initiate corrective actions if needed
- Generate operational reports, monitoring store profitability, tracking growth, and identifying concerns
- Support the achievement of the stores budgeted financial and operating results
- Process payroll ensuring accuracy of data and timely submission
- Control expenditures through proper scheduling of team, maintenance of facility, inventory control, etc.
- Participate in operations meetings to understand the state of the business, needs, and goals
- Build personal relationships with our clients addressing all needs and concerns promptly
- Promote and market the business to current and prospective clients through cross-selling and up-selling services and products
- Partner with the Running Paws/Home Services team to promote and excecute transportation and walking services
- Monitor and review inventory levels and paperwork in order to ensure accuracy
- Provide training to improve knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
- Manage all visual standards in the store, including merchandise presentation, promotions, special events, and general maintenance
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Ensure store operations adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely
- Retail store management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including relationship building skills
- Ability to meet changing demands
- High degree of professionalism
If this sounds like the career for you, please apply directly to the job below: