Learn more about Related's innovated culture https://vimeo.com/434470942
General Manager is responsible for leading all phases of operation of a bulding including, but not limited to, direct supervision and development of the onsite management team, financial performance to budget and accountability for the sales, resident relations and maintenance functions. This position ensures that Company standards are maintained across Related Rentals. The position provides inspirational leadership, successfully promotes Company values, and creates an environment of exceptional customer service for residents, prospects, and vendors.
- Understands and manages capital and expense budgets, including reporting to senior staff and stakeholder representatives.
- Maintains verbal and written communication with stakeholders, vendors and residents (as needed) on issues relating to our management responsibilities, including but not limited to: quality control; vendor contract management; maintenance personnel responsibilities; access control for mechanical equipment rooms and utilities management.
- Oversees all construction activities during initial development/lease up of the property
- During construction and fit-outs, makes recommendations to eliminate potential problems and/or improve building operations.
- Develops policies, procedures, and regulations to effectively manage the property, pertaining but not limited to, construction work, tenant alteration process and certificate of insurance requirements.
- Develops, implements and assures continued implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Assures that all outside vendors are in compliance with the tenets of their contractual agreements for all work performed.
- Ensures that each staff member reviews and complies with the procedures outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Manual.
- Develops and manages all contracts, i.e. Waste Removal, Janitorial and Electrical.
- Supervises and coordinates loading dock access and deliveries.
- Comprehensive understanding of all facets of accounts payable and account receivable in order to effectively supervise staff responsible for this function.
- Confirm that the appropriate allocation methodology is established and ensure that all invoices are coded to and paid from the appropriate entity.
- Ensures that all invoices are processed for timely payment in order to maintain good vendor relations and accounts.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders that exceed amounts over site staff level up to designated approval limit of $1000.
- Ensures that proper insurance documentation for all outside vendors is collect and available for supervisory review.
- Participates in preparation of initial draft of the annual and capital operating budgets for the rental and overall condo entities.Prepares the monthly variance reports for the rental, co-op and overall cond entities.
- Ensures that budgetary guidelines approved for controllable expenses are met.
- Ensures that staff is fully aware of budgetary goals and constraints.
- Confirms timely, efficient completion of all service requests.
- As a general rule, resident-requested service requests should be completed within twenty-four (24) hours. Emergency repairs are addressed promptly, in particular when those situations may cause increasing damage to the property or may endanger the residents’ health and safety.
- All completed service requests are signed and placed in the respective resident files to provide documentation of requested services.
- If appropriate, confirms that damage charges are applied to the resident’s account for repairs attributable to cause beyond normal wear and tear.
- Ensures that proper key control systems and procedures are in place at all times
- Apartment turnovers must produce units that are impeccably clean, painted, and mechanically in good working order prior to the pending move-in.
- A resident survey that queries the conditions of the apartments and the residents’ perceptions of the services RMC provides is administered and distributed from the main office annually. Responsible to confirm that any deficiencies noted on the responses have been addressed and assures residents’ satisfaction with the service.
- Common areas, such as laundry rooms, hallways, offices, shops, storage areas, refuse areas, and grounds must be clean at all times.
- Confirms that the routine janitorial schedule is maintained to ensure that the noted expectations are consistently met.
Under the supervision of the Vice President, solicits, reviews
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Five (5) years of knowledge of property management compliance practice and procedures related to Class A and Affordable property preferred.
- Experience in an affordable housing processing or demonstrate transferable skills
- Demonstrate ability to learn and apply recertification policies, procedures and principles
- Experience in budget preparation and financial reporting, with a strong understanding of building operational systems, leasing and marketing, documentation and administration
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing a team of people
- Ability to manage a property as demonstrated by work experience including financial performance, customer service, communications, marketing, negotiation, crisis management, and staffing.
- Ability to analyze data/reports to develop solutions to sustain high standards of customer service, optimal revenue generation and effective expense management as demonstrated by business results in previous position.
- Ability to successfully resolve resident issues as demonstrated by work experience.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts with 3rd party service providers as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees and provide feedback and coaching to subordinates resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by experience in previous position.
SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week, including being “on-call".
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and sound decision-making.
- Ability to resolve residents’ concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to provide coaching to direct reports to develop their knowledge and skill-set.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas and influence the opinions of others.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy using Microsoft Office software.
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com