General Manager - Northeast Mall-310092
About the Role
- As a member of the Banana Republic leadership team, the General Manager is responsible for creating the conditions for success in all aspects of the store’s business, including: sourcing, selecting and developing all team members; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities; and achieving key business goals. The General Manager shares the vision for the store, communicating in a way that each employee is clear on their contribution to the store’s success.
- Business Results: Consistently inspires team to achieve results and perform at a high level. Knows the competition and market trends to positively impact business. Drives productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals. Leads implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies. Creates strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Customer Centric: Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers. Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty. Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential. Ensures the team executes operational excellence through a customer centric mindset.
- Ambassador: Represents the brand, understands the competitors and drives excellent tenant and community relationships. Promotes store involvement with our Community in Action programs. Upholds high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer. Builds effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
- Builds Highly Productive Teams: Sources, selects and develops high potential talent, effectively assessing for skill and cultural fit. Accountable for team performance through, coaching and feedback. Teaches and trains leaders to build skill.
- Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Accountable: Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance. Leads efforts to reduce in store shrink activity through education and awareness. Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of retail management experience
- Customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Basic business acumen skills
- Established time management skills
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
- Communicates effectively
- Tech savvy
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Banana Republic Stores Field-Store Management/Lead