As the General Manager of manufacturing production operations for Air MI you’ll be responsible for all the operational aspects of the manufacturing process in an independent $/7 manufacturing facility with high levels of automation based near Phoenix, Arizona. This will include developing and monitoring timelines and product creation goals while also directing the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems. In this role, you’ll provide leadership and direction through other managers and directors and will be accountable for the performance and results of multiple departments within the facility. You will also direct the allocation of resources to meet the financial performance required for success and oversee the execution of functional business plans and contribute to the development of functional strategies by leveraging your broad business and management expertise.
Success in this role will require a proven leader who can:
• Drive business plans by integrating the company mission into those plans and initiatives
• Be responsible for actions and manage risks that have significant impact
• Lead a manufacturing facility for Air Manufacturing Innovation while coordinating with HQ offices to ensure standardization and efficiency.
• Lead the business planning process and execution for the Manufacturing team while aligning to a cross functional matrix.
• Communicate the overall vision for manufacturing and ensure individual plans align with Air MI’s overall strategic direction.
• Ensure optimal efficiencies and utilization of capital equipment and space.
• Lead the alignment of multiple functional groups within the facility including manufacturing, engineering, planning, maintenance, operations, finance, safety, and human resources.
• Oversee the implementation of analytical tools to measure the effective use of resources along with directing the manufacturing ops team in the development, measurement, and analysis of key performance metrics.
• Inspire and motivate a team of several hundred employees while managing talent and ensuring employee engagement.
Requirements for the position include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or equivalent/related field of study
• Minimum 10 years' relevant and comprehensive work experience as a business and process leader or industry expert
• Additional 2 years’ experience in lieu of a degree
• Ability to lead the successful completion of various workstreams through others a must
• Excellent presentation and high-level communication skills
• Demonstrated guidance and team management skills; experience with large teams over multiple locations preferred
• Past experience in managing a highly automated manufacturing plant desired.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time
• Plastics industry experience desired.
• Overseas and Footwear experience a plus.