Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The General Manager, OTR Engineering will lead and develop the Off The Road (OTR) Sales Engineering team to provide BOSS facing technical and consultative services supporting the mining, construction and quarry industries. Develop and maintain a cross functional collaborative relationship with BATO Quality, Bridgestone Manufacturing, Akon Technical Center (ATC) and Bridgestone Japan [TCJ] entities to create OTR Sales Engineering as the institutional knowledge base for BOSS technical input and field product performance.
New Business Development / Sales Support
- Assist Marketing, Sales and Strategy departments in technical product selection, new product development and field engineering support necessary to grow sales and profits in both replacement and OE markets. This would include tire selection, technology enhancements, new product research, tire performance reporting and field testing.
- Maintain close working relationship with Sales and Business Development departments to communicate market trends and suggest plans / programs by leveraging industry knowledge to expand product and technology offerings.
- Develop and execute long-term strategic and tactical plan for the Sales Engineering department based on the OTR MTP overall goals / objectives. This includes the structuring, staffing and teammate training to support the plan.
- Direct and manage a multi-functional unit that consists of OE Engineering Manager, Engineering Analyst, and team of regional based Field Engineers throughout North America.
- Full accountability for annual and long-term budgeting – including resource requirements, talent development, performance management, and compensation decisions.
- Lead the effort to provide department and enterprise with meaningful information, knowledge, training, and tools in order to support BOSS and develop teammates for future growth.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs for collaboration with internal product development [ATC and TCJ] and manufacturing teams by providing data driven field technical information.
- Track and coordinate product performance and quality improvements across multiple business units including sales, development, manufacturing, and quality.
- Work closely with Sales to provide BOSS and internal OTR departments technical information necessary to reach an amicable solution of customer issues in the most economical fashion to Bridgestone without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (advanced degree preferred)
- 15+ years relevant experience in product management, engineering, and / or field service management
- Expertise of Bridgestone products / services as they relate to the mining and construction industries
- Ability to create, articulate, and implement strategic and tactical business plans
- Track record of teammate development and leadership
- Mastery of technical performance analysis / reporting
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, at all organizational levels [internal and BOSS]
- Ability to travel up to 50%, both domestic and international