The Multi Property General Manager is responsible for leading all phases of operation of a three (3) residential buildings including, but not limited to, direct supervision and development of the onsite management team, financial performance to budget and accountability for the sales, resident relations and maintenance functions. This position ensures that Company standards are maintained across Related Rentals. The position provides inspirational leadership, successfully promotes Company values, and creates an environment of exceptional customer service for residents, prospects, and vendors.
Location: Boston, MA
- Understands and manages capital and expense budgets, including reporting to senior staff and stakeholder representatives.
- Maintains verbal and written communication with stakeholders, vendors and residents (as needed) on issues relating to our management responsibilities, including but not limited to: quality control; vendor contract management; maintenance personnel responsibilities; access control for mechanical equipment rooms and utilities management.
- Oversees all construction activities during initial development/lease up of the property
- During construction and fit-outs, makes recommendations to eliminate potential problems and/or improve building operations.
- Develops policies, procedures, and regulations to effectively manage the property, pertaining but not limited to, construction work, tenant alteration process and certificate of insurance requirements.
- Develops, implements and assures continued implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Assures that all outside vendors are in compliance with the tenets of their contractual agreements for all work performed.
- Ensures that each staff member reviews and complies with the procedures outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Manual.
- Develops and manages all contracts, i.e. Waste Removal, Janitorial and Electrical.
- Supervises and coordinates loading dock access and deliveries.
- Comprehensive understanding of all facets of accounts payable and account receivable in order to effectively supervise staff responsible for this function.
- Confirm that the appropriate allocation methodology is established and ensure that all invoices are coded to and paid from the appropriate entity.
- Ensures that all invoices are processed for timely payment in order to maintain good vendor relations and accounts.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders that exceed amounts over site staff level up to designated approval limit of $1000.
- Ensures that proper insurance documentation for all outside vendors is collect and available for supervisory review.
- Participates in preparation of initial draft of the annual and capital operating budgets for the rental and overall condo entities.Prepares the monthly variance reports for the rental, co-op and overall cond entities.
- Ensures that budgetary guidelines approved for controllable expenses are met.
- Ensures that staff is fully aware of budgetary goals and constraints.
- Responsible for overseeing all maintenance operations and repairs at the property.
- Responsible for the successful coordination of all move-in/move-outs.
- Service Request System – Facilities
- Confirms timely, efficient completion of all service requests.
- As a general rule, resident-requested service requests should be completed within twenty-four (24) hours. Emergency repairs are addressed promptly, in particular when those situations may cause increasing damage to the property or may endanger the residents’ health and safety.
- All completed service requests are signed and placed in the respective resident files to provide documentation of requested services.
- If appropriate, confirms that damage charges are applied to the resident’s account for repairs attributable to cause beyond normal wear and tear.
- Ensures that proper key control systems and procedures are in place at all times
- Product Presentation
- Apartment turnovers must produce units that are impeccably clean, painted, and mechanically in good working order prior to the pending move-in.
- A resident survey that queries the conditions of the apartments and the residents’ perceptions of the services RMC provides is administered and distributed from the main office annually. Responsible to confirm that any deficiencies noted on the responses have been addressed and assures residents’ satisfaction with the service.
- Maintenance of Common Areas
- Common areas, such as laundry rooms, hallways, offices, shops, storage areas, refuse areas, and grounds must be clean at all times.
- Confirms that the routine janitorial schedule is maintained to ensure that the noted expectations are consistently met.
- External Maintenance Services
Under the supervision of the Vice President, solicits, reviews
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Five (5) years of knowledge of property management compliance practice and procedures related to Class A and Affordable property preferred.
- Experience in an affordable housing processing or demonstrate transferable skills
- Demonstrate ability to learn and apply recertification policies, procedures and principles
- Experience in budget preparation and financial reporting, with a strong understanding of building operational systems, leasing and marketing, documentation and administration
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing a team of people
- Ability to manage a property as demonstrated by work experience including financial performance, customer service, communications, marketing, negotiation, crisis management, and staffing.
- Ability to analyze data/reports to develop solutions to sustain high standards of customer service, optimal revenue generation and effective expense management as demonstrated by business results in previous position.
- Ability to successfully resolve resident issues as demonstrated by work experience.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts with 3rd party service providers as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees and provide feedback and coaching to subordinates resulting in improved performance as demonstrated by experience in previous position.
SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week, including being “on-call".
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and sound decision-making.
- Ability to resolve residents’ concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to provide coaching to direct reports to develop their knowledge and skill-set.
- Ability to effectively convey ideas and influence the opinions of others.
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy using Microsoft Office software.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer