Allied Universal is currently seeking a General Manager to oversee business operations throughout a region. The General Manager will manage and direct all operational, financial, administrative, client relations and staff activities while overseeing a large, growing P&L. The General Manager will oversee a Director of Operations and Client Managers who are leading client interactions and leadership activities throughout the field. The individual will build and retain profitable business growth. This also includes leading the delivery of services through a team of managers: Single Site Account and/or Operations Manager(s), Support Staff as appropriate to size (HR, trainer, administrative assistant, support manager, etc.).
- Ensure delivery of world class customer service to all clients while managing client relations, new job start ups/transitions of new accounts, and employee relations
- Manage day to day operations of the branch, coaching, developing and guiding the branch team to perform efficiently and effectively
- Implement and monitor ongoing compliance with all company-wide programs such as licensing, investigations (employee and general liability/auto), employee benefit programs, office procedures, vehicle patrol policies, employee coaching/discipline.
- Responsible for branch profitability, overseeing control of all financial impacts to the branch, including daily and weekly unbilled overtime and training expenses
- Assist the Regional Vice President in planning on both a short-term and long-term basis, for future operational growth and expansion
- Direct and administer the core security operation of the branch, providing guidance and support on all operational issues related to client relations (payroll and billing resolution, recruiting and hiring, service issues, etc.)
- Responsible for Fire/Life Safety issues at all customer and patrol locations, and direct the implementation of such programs, utilizing corporate resources where applicable
- Oversee and manage operational, financial functions including payroll, billing, accounts receivable, scheduling, recruiting, training, etc. for the region
Generate new business through partnership with Regional Business Development Manager
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus at least 7 years of general management experience in a service industry. Prior contract or proprietary security services, related service industry and/ or law enforcement and/or military experience is highly desired. In addition, we require the following skills:
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Proven track record of excellence in customer service and financial management (awards, top rankings, etc.)
Superior, world class interpersonal and communication skills as well as solid writing skills
Dedication to high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships
- Proficient in web-based applications, computer systems and programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to effectively edit and create reports, database entries and presentation materials
Highly effective leader with the ability to build strong relationships internally with all levels of the organization and manage under difficult service delivery timeframes
Willingness to attend professional networking or community events in the evenings
Work with all levels in the organization to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement
Maintain confidentiality of all information and data
Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while focused on results
Key Competencies: integrity, problem solving, conflict management, time management, customer focus, timely decision making, motivating and directing others
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.