General Manager, Residential- San Jose, CA
- Job Category
- Operations & Business Support
- Milpitas, California
- Req. ID
- Job Type
The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled, uniquely talented people passionate about working together towards the goal of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. The primary role and responsibility of the General Manager will be to lead Tesla’s provision of energy products and services at the office, or local, level. The General Manager will oversee the inventory, costs, and business planning for the office and to ensure the team is delivering to Tesla standards. The General Manager will manage the office P&L and analyze all possible avenues for improvements to the overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the office, including but not limited to supervising and guiding the team.
· Manage team to achieve departmental goals by allocating workload and effectively managing resources.
· Develop a talent pipeline through coaching, training and performance management.
· Participate in recruiting, onboarding and training of new team members.
· Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
· Provide strategic leadership and foster collaboration across the organization.
· Create and execute operational standards to ensure consistency and efficiency in the office and across the organization.
· Market level business planning including staffing levels, forecasting and P&L management.
· Leads a culture of safety using systems of accountability and recognition.
· Manage ongoing relationships with key partners including: sales, customers, municipalities, local authority, local utilities, etc.
· Sets a cultural tone of excellence and fierce focus on customer satisfaction at every stage of the installation.
· Utilize daily reporting tools to identify and attain the most cost-effective field installation process, construction methods and materials for all installation projects.
· 3+ years applicable experience; ideally in management positions in the construction industry
· Prior experience with installing Solar PV systems, managing residential construction projects, and experience reading construction/electrical diagrams preferred.
· Previous work experience focused on job quality and safety preferred
· Must be a self-starter and able to work independently – this position is expected to customarily and routinely utilize independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
· Must be adaptable to change and work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through and decision-making skills
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to teammates and customers.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office, Google Earth, and customer account management software
· Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
· Must possess applicable license(s) and certification(s)
· Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements