Leading Freight Forwarder /NVOCC/ Customs House Broker, with locations in 22 countries and over 2500employees strong, is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual tofill the position of General Manager- Sales in our Houston, TX office.
This position is primarilyresponsible for managing sales activities of the organization, developing andsecuring incremental revenue and market share through promotion and sales ofall services and products. And to establish target accountsby performing the following duties personally or through the organizationssales staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties andresponsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops andimplements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
· Directlysupervises Sales Account Executives in the Freight Forwarding Division.
· Make regular salescalls with Sales Team and build rapport with current and future customers,actively part of the sales process
· Identifiesbusiness opportunities and generates profitable sales in both new and existingaccounts to meet and exceed new business revenue goals.
· Responsible fornew business development, negotiations and commercial contracts in line withproposed budgeted growth.
· Directs staffing,training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
· Directs channeldevelopment activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing salesterritories, quotas, and goals.
· Directs salesforecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
· Coordinatesliaison between sales department and operating departments.
· Prepares periodicsales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposedclient base expansion.
· Marketresearch/analysis and identification of potential customers.
· Development/redevelopment of products of the Leschaco,Inc.
· Working withCustomer Management tool / system (e.g. CRM (Customer Relationship Management System).
· Represents companyat trade association meetings to promote the company brand.
· Delivers salespresentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
· Analyzes andcontrols expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements (traveland entertainment).
· Carries outsupervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies andapplicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and trainingemployees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolvingproblems.
· Sales experiencein the Freight Forwarding industry with a proven track record. Knowledge of theairfreight products is a plus.
· Minimum of 10years Sales experience and 5-7 years overall international logistics industryexperience
· Minimum 5 yearsexperience in managing and directing a sales team
· Must exemplifyprofessionalism and leadership qualities with strong organizational & timemanagement skills.
· Must possessexcellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability tomake formal presentations on a professional level to key executives and groupsof industry experts.
· Must possessstrong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word,PowerPoint and Sales CRM.
· Must have anAssociate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technicalschool; and/or minimum ten (10) years experience in Freight Forwarding Sales,or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have a validdriver's license, a dependable automobile and acceptable motor vehicle record.
Car Allowance, Medical,Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and
401(k) with company match,plus Short Term, Long Term and Life Insurances paid 100% by the company.
When applying, thecandidate should include salary requirement.
Background check required.
Only thoseconsidered for the position will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.