Luke's Lobster Seeks General Manager for our SF region!
Luke's Lobster, a Maine-inspired fast-casual lobster roll restaurant with a start-up vibe, is looking for a qualified General Manager to run our location in SoMa, SF! We are seeking a fun, entrepreneurial, hardworking individual who has the passion and dedication to play a vital role in a growing restaurant group.
- Represent the face of our company
- Order and manage all inventory, in accordance with FIFO standards and company best practices
- Promote and enforce food handling and cleaning practices
- Inform and enforce company policies (existing and updates)
- Promote and enforce customer service best practices
- Monitor employee relations including hiring, firing, conflict resolution, training, scheduling, and the development of leaders
- Make deposits and monitor all money on the premises
- Send metrics and communicate with the accounting, HR, logistics, and catering departments
- Communicate openly and frequently with the other regions
- In addition to having extensive work experience and academic background, the position will call for a leader that has exceptional organizational and communication skills. A strong business sense and entrepreneurial spirit are necessary, as they will be helping to develop the direction and growth of this company.
When applying, please be sure to include a bit about yourself and why you’re the right fit to join our growing crew.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience up to $90k, with the potential for performance-based bonuses. Currently we offer medical, dental, paid vacation, phone plan, and a monthly transit stipend.
The Luke's Lobster Story
Luke’s Lobster was born out of the dream of Maine native and third-generation lobsterman Luke Holden to bring the quality, affordable lobster rolls of his youth to the big city. After meeting business partner Ben Conniff on Craigslist, the two twenty-somethings opened their first lobster shack in a 250 square foot space in NYC’s East Village in October 2009. Nearly a decade later Luke’s Lobster shacks can be found in ten states across the U.S., and in Japan and Taiwan.
Our mission is to serve the best tasting seafood because we know how to care for it the Maine Way, from the dock to our guests. We know our fishermen, we know where and how they fish, and we work together to protect our oceans for tomorrow.
As part of its mission to serve the best tasting seafood, sourced responsibly, Luke’s Lobster also built a state-of-the-art seafood facility in Saco, Maine, that allows the company to not only buy lobsters directly from fishermen at the dock but immediately steam, pick, and send them to its shacks to ensure perfect flavor and texture with every bite and transparent sourcing detail for its guests. It’s now the only company in America that’s both MSC and SQF Level III Certified. In 2018, Luke & Ben furthered their growing seafood company’s commitment to sustainability and socially conscious business practices by becoming a certified B Corporation®, reflecting Luke’s Lobster’s deep devotion to each of its communities, its family of teammates, and the environment. Please visit www.lukeslobster.com for more information.
Luke's Lobster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any status, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Luke's Lobster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Luke's Lobster expressly prohibits all forms of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of Luke's Lobster employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Essential job functions include standing for sustained periods of time, lifting objects from lower to higher positions, ascending or descending stairs or ladders, and bending, crouching, and reaching to low and high places. Luke's Lobster is a participant of E-Verify.