The General Manager GM, is the leader of the individual restaurant management team. The GM is responsible for overseeing the operational and financial performance of the restaurant and ensuring core values are carried out through execution. The GM is expected to plan, schedule, oversee, and participate in the operations of the restaurant. The GM is to be the role model for the company culture, and always exhibit the highest standards in food production and in overall guest experience, by delivering the best food and beverages, in the cleanest, most friendly and safest dining environment.
The GM reports directly to the assigned District Manager DM and at times, the Leadership Team LT. The GM is accountable for executing the policies, procedures and direction provided by the DM and the LT. As the store leader, the GM must be able to perform ALL restaurant tasks as needed and ensure proper execution of company standards, policies and procedures including monitoring and maintaining the overall guest experience, and the safety and security of team members and company assets.
The GM must successfully complete and meet the requirements of the GeneralManager Training Certification. The GM must be able to fluently speak and write in the English language in order to best communicate with our customers, vendors, and leadership, and must maintain professional dress, speech, and behavior at all times.
REWARD FOR MEETING OUR HIGH STANDARDS?
In return for the GM skills and dedicated effort, the GM will receive a competitive compensation package, an opportunity to thrive in a challenging, enriching and rewarding environment, with the opportunity to grow with us as we begin a period of exciting growth. The GM will be empowered to lead the team and be provided the tools to do so.
- Oversee day to day management of team members, shift leaders, and role model the company standards for quality service, cleanliness, product and procedure knowledge and accuracy in execution, team appearance, professionalism and sales building
- Continuous inspection of restaurant for cleanliness and readiness, ensuring that duties and tasks are being performed correctly. Demand perfection!
- Performs work of other team members as needed, leading by example and following standards strictly
- Constantly conducts quality checks and follows company procedures for documentation throughout the day including but not limited to food and drink accuracy
- Maintains optimal staffing levels in the restaurant by performing effective scheduling, following deployment procedures to match roles with skill sets, and driving the store training process to create a versatile team
- Conduct and/or delegate team member training
- Manage the overall scheduling and payroll process: write schedules, manage schedule requests, verify hours worked and approve bi-weekly payroll. Maintain employee files and comply with applicable laws
- Approve time and tip reporting for payroll hours
- Conduct inventory and ordering, and outside shopping
- Field applications, conducts interviews/on-boarding
- Address performance related issues and report to DM and/or LT, and conduct team member performance reviews and evaluations
- Reconcile daily audits and receipts, overseeing sales, comps, voids, employee food, conducting blind drops
- Deposit drops with compliant cash handling procedures
- Addresses customer complaints and reports to DM and/or LT, performs table touches to ensure order accuracy, food quality, and guest satisfaction
- Field equipment maintenance and service
- Field catering inquiries, oversee process and follow up
- Use and implementation of all company methods, systems and processes
- Request and refer to specific Job Description Details which is a comprehensive list of tasks but not limited to required to successfully fulfill the position
- Regular and predictable attendance:
The scheduled working hours for this position may range between the days of Sunday Saturday from 5:30am to 5:30pm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- 21 years of age
- High school graduate
- 3 5 years restaurant management experience, with at least 2 years as a general manager
- Prefer a college or culinary school degree, it is not required
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience is a plus
- Able to maintain a clean, safe and hostile free environment
- Dependable, honest, trustworthy, possesses integrity
- Courteous and enthusiastic
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional guest services skills
- Basic math skills
- Proficient with computer, tablet and smartphone skills
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to establish priorities for self and others
- Able to multitask efficiently
- Successful completion of GeneralManager Training Certification
- Proficient on Aloha POS
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in HotSchedules
- Previous use of Inventory system