The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations and facilities management of the condominium property, including all forms of communications, personnel management, financial management, and project management to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and client initiatives. The General Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the team and ensuring staff members perform at a consistently high level. The General Manager motivates and achieves results to drive success for the community.
- Plan and develop daily operations. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Respond to client inquiries and resolve client complaints as governed by Bylaws
- Maintain the official records as outlined in the Maryland Statute, of the client.
- Attend all board and committee meetings, offering management reports and advice on the physical plant and administration of the community. Keep records and minutes of board and committee meetings.
- Assist the board of directors’ decision-making process by means of providing information gathering and fact-finding support; implementing the board's decisions; and administering the services, programs, and operations of the community within the policies and guidelines set by the board.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of the facility’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, uniform dress and expense control. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred. CMCA or AMS required.
- At least 3-5 years of related experience required (management of condominium communities).
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; be a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- High rise property management preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively look for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Strong computer skills required, (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook). Knowledge of Yardi software preferred.
- Ability to present typical financial reports such as P&L, Variance to Budget, Balance Sheet, AR, AP, Bank statement reconciliation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the community.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English, reviewing financial reports and understanding basic accounting.
- Physical presence in the community is essential to perform job duties.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please note that all job offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time