Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,500 employees in its corporate office and five operating units � Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world�s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees� commitment to the company and its �Pride in Service� motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager for our Sioux City location to join our team!
General Managers fulfill a critical role in our operations. They are the front line of presenting our products to the industry. They are responsible for developing networks and industry contacts, promoting our value added products and services, keeping customer satisfaction a priority.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement ways to improve service efficiency and service quality
- Recognizing current branch strengths and streamlining them with a solid business plan
- Involvement in industry associations and community events
- Lead parts, service, and sales teams to achieve sales growth
- Communication of policies, procedures, and branch goals to employees
- Monitor and document environmental and safety compliance data
- Uphold our promise to our customers of �Pride in Service�
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- A self-starter who can observe the strengths present in a location and utilize those strengths to develop a positive business plan
- Experience with profit and loss statements, budgeting and basic inventory control
- Proven background in service, sales, or business ownership
- Clear understanding profitability, customer service, sales and marketing
- Experience as a manager at this level with ability to manage employees and processes
- Extensive service experience is a plus
- Strong operations background
- Salary plus bonus
- Company vehicle
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with discretionary company match