The General Manager (GM) is responsible for directly running all aspects of the dealership in an assigned market in a manner consistent with the brand(s) represented. This individual will oversee the overall sales activity to achieve their sales targets, grow the SITECH Technology Dealer’s market share in the Trade Area and actively drive the business. This includes the functions of sales, marketing, customer service and support, operations and administrative support. The GM is accountable for delivering on revenue, profitability, market share, customer satisfaction, and growth targets.
The General Manager will drive hands-on business development activities that influences leaders in the construction industry and associated organizations toward using more technology for significant gains in productivity.
- Accountable for the overall performance of the dealership including the achievement of revenue, profit and expense budgets on a quarterly/annual basis.
- Effectively manages cash flow, balance sheet, inventory and debt.
- Identifies and exploits new market opportunities
- Maintains strong customer relations and satisfaction; proactively and diligently works to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly.
- Directs and guides employees towards achievement of company objectives and goals.
- Establishes appropriate short and long-term strategies to compete effectively in the current and future market.
- Sets and manages realistic revenue forecasts.
- Determines and implements appropriate management and governance structures to execute strategy profitably.
- Builds and maintains pipeline of leadership talent, including succession plans for direct reports and other key roles.
- Regularly identifies strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the market, specifically with competitors.
- Puts plans in place to close gaps between current financial state and the dealership’s desired financial model.
- Ensures systems are in place to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Recruits, selects and develops team members.
- Develops and motivates high performers; improves or removes low performers.
- Maintains close relationship and clear communication with manufacturer sales managers
- Delivers regular and accurate forecasts to major suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or in an industry domain (e.g. agriculture, GIS, construction) preferred. MBA is highly desirable.
- 10-15 years of previous experience managing a multi-million dollar enterprise preferred.
- 5 years of experience in sales management preferred.
- Knowledge of construction industry.
- Extensive knowledge of SITECH products, typically gained through experience with a dealership or a SITECH equipment manufacturer
- Capable of fully understanding and managing profit and loss (P&L) balance and income data.
- Full understanding of practices used in inventory management.
Characteristics / Skills
- Strong Sales aptitude – has successfully sold products and services.
- Experienced in all aspects of the sales process including:
- Determination of Market Potential
- Calculation of Market Share
- Quantifying Deal Visibility
- Calculating Deal Closure Rate
- Establishing Sales Plans and Quotas by Territory and Product Line
- Sales Planning
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Able to set priorities appropriate for short and long-term objectives.
- Possesses integrity and good character.
- Ability to modify behavior/approach in different situations.
- Willingness to learn from and listen to others.
- Keeps up to date with market trends and new developments utilizing information for business improvement.
- Ability to make strategic decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are required.
- Analytical expertise in understanding complex issues and their consequences.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends with occasional travel.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
The Dealership General Manager reports directly to the SITECH Board.
Sitech is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This position works in an office environment with occasional travel to other facilities or customer jobsites. A professional appearance is a must. May on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for a long period of time; answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. May on a continuous basis be on the shop or warehouse floor interacting with service and parts operations. Noise level in the shop environment is usually moderate, and the noise level in the office and warehouse environment is usually low. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.