General Manager - Southeast Region (Atlanta, GA)
Proven Leadership, Hard Work, and Innovation Alive and Well in North America
Rittal North America has built a strong tradition of innovation and takes pride in a progressive approach to engineering. We design and manufacture the worldâ€™s leading industrial and IT enclosures, racks, and accessories, including high efficiency, high-density power management, and climate control systems for industrial, data center, outdoor and hybrid applications. In addition, EPLAN offers the worldâ€™s leading software suite for electrical and automation engineering.
As the General Manager, you will focus on strategy and execution across all lines of business within a designated region and be accountable for the regional P&L. You will own commercial operations in a region and be responsible for building relationships as well as growing business with new and existing customers. You will need to emphasize building a direct customer relationship within your region and successfully position the joint soft- and hardware offerings of Rittal and EPLAN in the market. You will work in collaboration with the Executives to ensure effective execution of company objectives and align with other regions. This position will manage a team of Sales and Technical professionals across a region directing them to drive growth in focus verticals and your region. You will handle a wide scope of duties including designing strategy and setting goals for growth, growing the business, managing the salesforce, addressing local customer demand, setting policies and processes in line with business goals, and provide solutions to issues within your region.
- This is a key leadership position for Rittal. This role will report to the CEO of Rittal US and optimize our value stream (hardware and software as a complete solution) for our customers.
- Owns regional strategy and execution for P&L expectation of region.
- Owns sales SG&A management and initiatives for the region.
- Responsible for strategy and execution to grow direct sales channel within the region
- Responsible for strategy and execution of indirect channel w/ regional partners.
- Direct/Indirect channel conflict mediation and resolution.
- Coordination w/ VP of Industrial Automation, VP IT, and VP Sales Enablement to ensure seamless execution of company strategies within the different market sectors.
- Execution of corporate Omnichannel strategy within the region, including pricing requests/reviews/approvals (based on guidelines).
- Drives brand awareness for Rittal and EPLAN within the region
- Responsible to provide market-driven requirements on inventory/levels/turns for regional facility based on sales data, forecasting, and strategic ambition. Coordinate and partner with Senior Director of Logistics as well as central logistics responsible for a regional internal or external warehouse facility.
- Responsible for optimizing the performance of the regional distribution and modification center, while keeping profitable growth of region top of mind.
- Direct leadership and management of regional account managers, systems consultants, channel managers, and ecosystem account managers; provide coaching in line with company dashboard and key KPI measures.
- Responsible for strategy and sales of Rittal Automation Systems products, including One Rittal partnership with the EPLAN software solutions.
- In addition to base compensation, variable Compensation will be based on a mix of region top-line revenue achievement and P&L results (EBIT) of the region.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Provide detailed solutions to issues pertaining to profit, employees, and competition
What we seek; is for someone with a strong analytical mindset to identify trends and opportunities in addition to;
- Entrepreneurial drive to seek out and engage in competitive situations
- Independent goal orientation and confident decision-maker
- Strength to build teams and align them around a common vision
- Resilience to challenges and ability to adapt to changing environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Exceptional time management, attention to detail, and follow-up skills
- Builds bridges to other teams and always keeps in mind that he/she is a part of the team
- Quick to recognize and act on opportunity and brings a sense of urgency to the customer space
- Profit and loss responsibility including developing comprehensive solutions to issues pertaining to revenue, SG&A spend, and competition
- Create a willingness for change within the team and empower the teamâ€™s ability to deliver that change
- Drive challenger behavior and build a teaming spirit trusting in team success.
- Deliver change; coach other leaders in how to drive change into the organization
Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree is required. Prefer a degree in a technical field such as engineering, industrial distribution, Business Management, or Business Administration. Masters is a plus
- Five years of experience as a P&L responsible manager in the Manufacturing industry or a similar executive role (Director, Operations)
- Experience in P&L and SG&A management and analytics
- B2B sales experience in direct sales context (ideally hardware and software)
- Experience managing omnichannel sales model including the relationship between the direct sales channel and indirect channel partners
- Capex Purchasing, installations, and payback tracking
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, Procurement, Operations, etc.)
- Technical background and knowledge of industrial automation products and/or electrical engineering is preferred;
Powered by JazzHR