The mission of this position is to contribute to the success of Rusnak Automotive Group (the Company) by assuming responsibility and being accountable for customer retention and the profitability of each department in the dealership. Fulfills responsibility through the use of sound business management practices and the RUSNAK standard. Plans, motivates, and coordinates the activities of the management team.
- Provides enthusiastic and effective leadership to develop highly productive and loyal employees.
- Designs, reviews and approves compensation plans for all employees.
- Holds regularly scheduled managers meetings to ensure that every department is operating efficiently and profitably.
- Hires, trains, and motivates all dealership department managers.
- Leads and directs the performance of all dealership department managers.
- Plans dealership operations for the coming year and submits to the dealer for approval.
- Meets with the comptroller/office manager monthly to review departmental forecasts for consistency with the annual forecast.
- Meets with managers individually to develop monthly and annual financial and strategic goals and objectives; and to review performance versus budgets/goals.
- Monitors the daily operating control, recommending improved courses of action where necessary.
- Provides dealer with accurate reports on the financial condition of the dealership.
- Ensures that the monthly financial statement is complete, accurate, and submitted on time to relevant parties.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturer personnel.
- Communicates management policies and procedures to all employees and ensures that they are understood and followed.
- Reviews all requests for training, approves those which are appropriate and consistent with the dealership's goals for professional/technical ability and advancement, and monitors their effectiveness.
- Coordinates with the business office to ensure that records and analyses are maintained accurately.
- Develops marketing strategies and assists in creating effective, cost-efficient advertising programs.
- Resolves any customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify.
- Experience Required: Minimum of 4 years (desired 10+ years) experience as a General Manager of a high line, luxury or performance automotive dealership; or equivalent history of combination of education and professional accomplishments.
Bachelor's Degree : Required
Valid CA Driver License, Valid CA Sales License