IHOP in Cleveland now hiring restaurant managers. Hiring assistant managers and a general manager.
Are you looking to improve your career and get out of quick service or get into a better full service concept? Are you looking to move up the ladder in hospitality? IHOP may be the opportunity for you. We are willing to teach full service skills for those willing to learn.
6 locations in Cleveland! Growing franchise, just opened a 17th unit. As you know, this is very important for job security in today's business environment Strong opportunity for promotion and career growth. Move ahead in YOUR career.
Restaurant Manager Pay & Perks:
- Benefits offered: Health insurance, dental, vision, 401-k company match, free meals, life and disability insurance, bonus plan, 2 weeks’ vacation after 1 year, 3 weeks after 5 years.
- Full time job.
Restaurant Manager Qualifications:
- 3 years’ experience in the restaurant industry in management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work holidays, flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills
- Dependable and reliable
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction on food and service.
- Ensure all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations
- Work closely with other management to meet revenue objectives
- Implement appropriate strategies to resolve adverse trends and improve sales
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products and equipment
- Regular checks on labor %'s, food cost, inventory.
- Hiring and training staff.
River Road IHOP Restaurants is an IHOP franchise that operates several IHOP Restaurants in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. The company just opened it's 17th units, only days ago. The company began in 2004 by acquiring IHOP restaurants in Cleveland, Ohio. Within a few years the company had built and opened several units in Ohio and Kentucky.The company offers a competitive management career and opportunities compared to other chains. One thing River Road Restaurants prides itself in is developing skills and promoting from within.
The IHOP General Manager reports directly to their District Manager. The manager directly supervises IHOP restaurant's employees as well as other managers and crew chiefs. His or her primary responsibilities include managing operations in the front and back of the house with a high concentration on profitability and sales growth, while constantly maintaining IHOP's standards of quality and service.
The following list details some of the specific responsibilities and expectations of an IHOP Restaurant General Manager:
- Manage all areas to achieve positive and consistent sales growth while meeting or exceeding company goals in all profit and loss categories.
- Manage entire operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts, which include daily decision making, consistent staff support, positive and consistent guest interaction, proper scheduling and planning while upholding standards, consistent excellent product quality and maintaining high levels of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Provide employees with consistent and appropriate feedback to facilitate their development and enhance the overall operation. Ensure that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Perform line checks in the galley throughout the shift to ensure proper food is fresh, temperatures, cleanliness and organization.
- Ensure that the unit is properly staffed for all time periods. Staffing must be maintained at a level to guarantee overall guest satisfaction for the goal of increasing sales
- Interview, hire, and train the highest quality hourly candidates.
- Conduct orientations to ensure a positive first step for all new hourly employees, follow up with IHOP's training program.
- Prepare reports during and at end of shift, which may include Daily Sales Reports, Daily Labor controls, and other such processes that ensure the control of all company assets.
- Prepare food production checklists and ensure the proper implementation of all company recipes as required.
- Order food, small wares, uniforms and any other necessary products to unit par levels to maintain the highest levels of operational standards.
- Identify operational opportunities; create and implement plans to address opportunities.
- Approve and sign all food or beverage discounts of any kind.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Promptly notify the Area Supervisor in the event of a guest or employee accident or injury.
- Ensure that proper company security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets, including security of storeroom, freezer and office.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all unit issues. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Complete job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Always project a favorable image of IHOP to promote its goals and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Perform weekly payroll and other reports.
- Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when restaurants are busiest.
- Be willing to work unpredictable hours to fill in for absent workers.
- Be aware of changing events in the local area to ensure proper staffing.