Are you bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)? Then we want to hear from you today!
WDI serves as a leader to convey the message of “dining culture” that has been created among various countries and regions. Through the concept of “dining” we share happiness. “Bringing the world together through dining culture” is our mission and universal message. Since people are the core element of restaurant business, we always place the most value within the four walls of our restaurants in order for us to thrive. This management philosophy is the tradition and pride of WDI GROUP. WDI ascertains quality assurance of food, safety of our employees and guests, offers uniquely enjoyable yet unforgettable dining experience, and brings smiles without borders.
WDI restaurant group has a current need for a General Manager at our New upcoming locations in Katy, Texas
*Salary: Starting at $65k or DOE plus Amazing Benefits:
This position will include full Medical, Dental & Group Life Insurance. 401(k) retirement plan, PTO/Vacation/Holiday paid time off and potential bonus.
General Manager coordinates the food and beverage service activities of the restaurant in order to ensure exceptional guest satisfaction, controls the restaurant’s costs ensuring profitability and develops subordinate managers. The General Manager is required to be on the floor as much as possible during the business hours. The General Manager coordinates and works with Restaurant Managers, Assistant Managers, Chef, Assistant Chef and Kitchen Manager closely in positive manner in order to manage the entire restaurant operation smoothly and productively while following the concept and recipes of Tim Ho Wan brand.
Job Requirements: (but not limited to)
- Some college education
- Minimum of more than five years of Assistant manager experience or Two to three years’ GM experience in a full-service restaurant setting
- Experience in Chinese Dim Sum restaurant is desired
- Complete knowledge of composition of Chinese Dim Sum cuisine
- Ability to work all shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership abilities through work
- Must be very customer service-oriented individual with a gregarious demeanor
- Must be knowledgeable in performing needed POS and store computer functions
- Training/certification in proper sanitation procedures for restaurant industry
- Solid understanding of P&L operations
- Ability to lead, direct and train lower management in accomplishment of store and company goals
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with business vendors, restaurant employees, and other management members including Chef and Assistant Chef.
- Must be organized with heavy volume of work in concentrated periods of time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed
Duties and Responsibilities: (but not limited to)
- Must follow all standards of Tim Ho Wan brand and WDI International Inc.
- Oversees dining room and kitchen food service activities. Supervises employees in accordance with operating policies and standards.
- Maintains records of personnel performance and restaurant costs.
- Works with employees with regard to food presentation and proper food handling procedures.
- Ensures proper food and beverage presentation from kitchen and bar to guests and train employees constantly with regard to proper food and beverage handling procedures
- Ensures all health, safety, sanitation and security standards are followed.
- Schedules and supervises employees to ensure proper execution of company standards and a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Directs the selection, training, and development of employees.
- Responsible for specific situations.
- Handles guest complaints. Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Controls the guests’ crowds in and out of the premise including the sidewalks
- Maintains good relationship with the landlord management and neighborhood businesses
- Handles complains from the neighbor residents and businesses when occurs
- Executes the general responsibilities necessary to minimize operating costs. Maintains a system of cost controls through purchasing and sales.
- Periodically meets with food production, dining room, bar and other management personnel to plan guest service activities, special events, share information, etc.
- Periodically train employees with other management members and maintain the standard procedures for an emergency evacuation plan and improve the employee awareness of alcohol handling and serving to guests.
- Takes any necessary actions for guests and employees’ safety when an emergency occurs and immediately reports it to the District Manager.
- Estimates food and beverage needs and requisitions or purchases of produce, meats, poultry, fish and seafood, supplies, beverages, and equipment. Receives and checks orders to ensure they adhere to specifications.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Directs and implements proper daily and periodical cleaning procedures in all areas of the store in order to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Train and work with all management members including Chef, Assistant Chef and Kitchen Manager in order for all management members instruct all employees the same cleaning procedures as the highest standards.
- As the General Manager, directly responsible for teaching and supervising all management members and all employees including FOH and BOH members for store, brand and the company standards and policies.
- Handles and resolves all complaints, conflicts and concerns and reports them periodically to the District Manager and asks for the District Manager’s help and advice as needed.
- Handles and resolves employee related issues and concerns and reports them to the HR department
- Directs the hiring, assignment, training, motivation, evaluation and termination of personnel.
- Ensures the development of subordinate management.
- Assists with the development of a marketing strategy and for implementing advertising and promotional campaigns.
- Reviews financial information such as sales and costs and creates and monitors budgets to ensure an efficient operation. Ensures that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to correct any deviations from budget.
- Directs, initiates, demonstrates, trains, leads and ensures all employees’ participation in store/company sales and promotional activities and events.
- Develops periodical operational reports including sales, costs, expenses, productivity and other reports as needed and instructed by the District Manager and the company
- Works closely with the District Manager and performs other duties as assigned by the District Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity