JOB TITLE: Winger’s Restaurant General Manager
DEPT. / SUPERVISOR: Director of Corporate Operations
Kitchen Manager, Shift Supervisor(s) and Restaurant Team Member(s)
- High School, College or University Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment, including Profit & Loss responsibility. 1 year as a Winger’s KM preferable.
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills, and basic personal computer literacy
- A great Attitude and Smile, and a Passion for Great Food.
- Total operational and financial responsibility for an individual unit
- Manage a restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization
- Directly perform hands-on work on an ongoing basis to train employees, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. Continual Training, Mentoring, and Coaching to build your team
- Make Money: Control Profit & Loss (i.e., plan attainment) by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Managers provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and train the team for operational excellence
- GM’s are expected to work 50-55 hours per week including peak period Evenings & Weekends
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Ensures QA standards.
- QA report is maintained,
- Violations are corrected immediately,
- Proper behavior trained
- Recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take discipline action, motivate and train
- Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a Preventative Maintenance Plan based on Company Standards
- Ensure food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs
- Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
WINGERS knows that you need a comfortable and dependable local spot to watch a sports game, eat some delicious American food, and drink a cold beer. We've perfected the art of giving you the comfort of a classic diner with the energy of your local bar.
WINGERS is a family owned and operated company, based in Utah, that strives to spread the ideals of integrity and consistency in an effort to Create Amazing Experiences. These ideals begin with our incredible teams of servers, cooks, hosts, and managers. WINGERS has a personal investment in each employee and encourages mentorship, leadership, and upward growth within the organization.
Franchise locations are independently owned and operated. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Winger Bros Management.