Job Title: General Manager
FSLA Status: Exempt/Full Time
Reports To: Multi-Unit General Manager
Welcome to Umami Burger!
Umami means “deliciousness.” Beyond sweet, sour, salty, and bitter, the fifth taste of umami is rich and savory. A word coined by the Japanese, Umami is a powerful force behind many of our food cravings. Umami-rich foods include soy sauce, miso paste, and bonito flakes in Asian cuisine; and cured ham, cheese, tomatoes, ketchup and mushrooms in Western Cuisine.
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the restaurant.
- Builds sales and manages the restaurant budget.
- Has a creative approach to marketing (fundraisers, community-engagement, etc.).
- Successfully leads the day-to-day operation.
- Trains and develops Team Members, Shift Leads, Assistant Managers, and MIT's through quality orientations, development discussions, performance evaluations, and recognition, etc.
- Coach and counsels team members on a timely basis; make decisions on promotions, terminations and takes appropriate action based on company standards.
- Identifies talent, and completes the hiring cycle.
- Fosters teamwork.
- Successfully communicates company goals and objectives.
- Ensures that employees are paid properly. Assists with time edits, payroll, etc.
- Develops work schedules that meet the needs of the business while effectively managing labor.
- Compiles, prepares and maintains P&L statements, budgets, and cost controls with regard to food, beverage, and labor goals.
- Adheres to labor laws and follows proper payroll procedures.
- Performs required administrative duties on time and meets established deadlines.
- Ensures all food safety procedures are strictly adhered to according to sanitary regulations.
- Works to meet revenue objectives.
- Implements appropriate strategies to resolve guest opportunities.
- Maintains safe working conditions.
- Follows company policies and procedures regarding the handling of cash, property, products, and equipment.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of restaurant management experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends. Regularly available to fulfill 50-hour workweek.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Leads by example and is available to offer support to all staff members.
- Creates a friendly and FUN workplace for all to enjoy.
- Demonstrate restaurant Marketing Skills to grow daily sales objectives.
- Ability to cover shifts as needed.
- Current ServSafe Certification.