goPuff is seeking a General Manager to join the operations team. We are looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial strong leader; to lead the Boston, MA territory. The General Manager role is an intense and fast-paced role within goPuff that requires drive, grit, positivity, and enthusiasm for the challenge. In this role, you will lead a local team of Shift Leaders and Operations Associates overseeing the facility’s operations as well as a team of independent Driver Partners. Ultimately, the success of the territory rests on your shoulders and is determined by your ability to execute and effectively lead a team that is hyper-focused on delivering a perfect experience for our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans, directs, and is accountable for all warehouse operations including, deliveries, inventory, equipment, and systems
- Fanatically drive improvements to key performance indicators (KPIs) such as: Order Picking Time, Order Dwell Time, Drive Time, Order Defect Rate, and Cost Per Order.
- Accountable to drive the financial performance of the site by ensuring that budgeted productivity, labor, and other expenses are achieved
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with goPuff and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for the warehouse by analyzing and interpreting reports
- Implementing and monitoring Human Resource compliance, asset protection, safety controls, overseeing the safety of our people and products, operational and quality assurance reviews
- Develop and implement action plans to improve performance, providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and directing the management team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation and assigned records
- Teach and train the site leadership in controlling expenses and labor to ensure expenses adhere to the budget and sales volume
- Create and implement plans to improve the financial performance of the warehouse
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years of managing and leadership experience, minimum of 5 years experience with a fast-paced environment and leading a blended workforce of W2 and 1099 employees.
- Retail, warehouse, logistics, military, restaurant or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills with conflict resolution
- Strong skills with team development and engagement
- Ability to lead in an ever-changing environment
- Proven track record of being a change agent with improving processes and efficiencies
- Ability to work with fluid schedules; being available during peak hours of operation (5pm - 12am) and visiting warehouse on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday once or twice per month
- Possesses a customer-first mindset
- Team-oriented mentality
For the people who have better things to do than go out of their way to stop at the store (again), goPuff is the largest digital convenience retailer delivering thousands of products ranging from snacks, drinks, and ice cream to alcohol, home essentials, and personal care items directly from centrally located warehouses to our customers’ doors.
We’re currently in 100+ markets and growing fast, so we're looking for the most motivated and passionate talent to be a part of our team, grow with us, and join in our mission of delivering the moments that matter most. Note: must love snacks to work at goPuff.
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEOC Employer.