At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
The General Mechanic performs work that requires thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical or electronic principles, properties of various materials, principles of operation and the application of electrical or electronic equipment such as motors, switches, control boards, generators, circuit breakers, electronic inspection units, pumps, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot & Perform repairs on bag machinery and support equipment as directed by maintenance supervisor.
- Comply with all safe work procedures when performing tasks, such as but not limited to Lock Out / Tag Out, & Confined Space.
- Repair machine defects found other than scheduled when discovered.
- Report to Maintenance Manager any machine defects identified during repairs that cannot be corrected.
- Weld various items made of steel, aluminum, stainless.
- Handle sheet metal work, such as making guards.
- Experience with metal work equipment such as shear, notcher, bender.
- Maintain proper housekeeping on the job site.
- Work required overtime to complete repairs of down equipment.
- Strive to perform work in a timely manner, reducing machine down time to a minimum.
- Maintain a “zero defect” attitude and perform repairs once.
- List of expected skill areas to be held or obtained:
- Electro-pneumatic troubleshooting
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Machine assembly and installation
- Part rebuilding
- Building repair, general maintenance
- Machine overhaul
- Air compressor maintenance
- High School Graduate/GED Required
- General Mechanic Training preferred
- 5-7 years experienced if no formal training has been completed
Some of our benefits are:
- Eligible for holiday pay on first day of employment
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life eligible on day 61 of employment
- 401(K) eligible on day 91 of employment
How to apply:
- online by using the link
- or you can come to the Tolleson plant and apply in person.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Clerk / Technician