Sanford Cardiovascular Institute is seeking a BC/BE Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist to join an integrated practice including a team of 10 cardiologists, 1 of which is Advanced Heart Failure Certified, 3 Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and 1 LVAD certified physician.
• The ideal candidate will participate in the management of inpatient ECMO, LVAD, and cardiogenic shock as well as have a robust general non-invasive cardiology practice including dedicated advanced heart failure and pulmonary hypertension outpatient clinics.
• The group provides service to inpatient, clinic and outreach locations with nurse practitioner support.
• Call 1:10, with back up coverage for LVAD and ECMO
• The candidate will join a group with a well-established heart failure program who provides consultation, longitudinal outpatient management of advanced heart failure disease patients, as well as those with acute and durable mechanical support devices.
• Experience in medical device management of advanced heart failure patients is ideal.
• Our team participates in over 20 clinical trials, encourages and supports research endeavors, and regularly presents at national meetings.
• Program includes opportunity for clinical education and research with general and interventional cardiology fellowships within a university health setting.
SANFORD HEALTH SYSTEM
Sanford Health is one of the largest, not-for-profit health care systems in the nation with 44 hospitals and nearly 300 clinics in nine states and nine countries. Sanford Health serves the Upper Midwest, with nearly 1,400 physicians in 81 specialty areas of medicine.
ABOUT SANFORD HEALTH IN SIOUX FALLS
• 545-bed hospital
• Large referral area
• Research opportunities
• Serving a city population of 250,000
SIOUX FALLS COMMUNITY
Sioux Falls is one of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest. As the largest city in the state, it balances an excellent quality of life and strong economy with a safe, clean living environment. The cost of living is competitive and South Dakota has no state income tax. Sioux Falls offers amenities of a community twice its size such as fine dining, shopping, arts, sports and nightlife.
For more information, contact:
Jessilyn Barker, Physician Recruitment