Works with supervision on machinery and equipment as well as on plant facilities. Examines machinery for defective parts and perform repairs, replaces defective parts, makes necessary adjustments, and perform preventative maintenance functions. Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment.
- With supervision, ability to examine and troubleshoot furnaces, miscellaneous machinery, generators, air compressors and mechanical devices to determine its condition and perform necessary repairs
- Performs minor electrical repairs and installs new fixtures, motors, and other electrical equipment
- Moves heavy machinery and/or machine parts with the aid of hoist or lifts
- Performs routine lubrication of moving or wearing surfaces of mechanical equipment, i.e. shafts and/or motor bearings, sprockets, drive chains, gears and pulleys
- Installs items such as special handling fixtures, stands, racks, and safety guards on production equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance work on assigned machinery and equipment. Must be able to follow schedules and document complete work
- Reads and follows manufacturers’ equipment manuals
- Requisitions parts and material for maintenance work
- With supervision, makes necessary decisions to accomplish repairs and meet production needs
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned
o Must have basic electrical skills and trouble- shooting ability.
o Must be able to follow all safe work practices and procedures. Wear all prescribed personal protective equipment
o Must demonstrate ability to apply common sense and industry knowledge in all areas related to the above responsibilities.
o Must be able to read and follow directions