Under general supervision, installs, maintains and repairs the hospital HVAC, refrigeration and related components for efficient and cost effective operation. Operates tests and overhauls a variety of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems and associated equipment. Performs tasks within capabilities involving piping systems, motors and controllers.
- Graduation from high school (or GED), supplemented by completion of a Union, private (in-house), military, or trade school apprenticeship program that includes related theory and on-the-job work.
- At least three years as a journey-level HVAC Tech
- Basic computer proficiency to keep computerized records and prepare reports.
- Ability to follow and give oral and written instructions in English and ability to read, comprehend, and work from plans and blueprints.
- Highly organized and ability to maintain proper productivity and work flow for multiple projects.
- Must be a team player and able to maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the trade. Must be able to safely handle hazardous materials.