The Department of Urology at The Ohio State University led by Dr. Cheryl Lee, department chair and professor in cancer research is seeking full-time General Urologists for program growth within our expanding medical center. The department is ranked high-performing by U.S. News & World Report and has a vision to deliver transformative urologic care. The scope of duties includes diagnosis, consultation, and treatment of adult patients with various disorders of the genitourinary system in the ambulatory and hospital settings, including oncology, stone disease, and male and female voiding dysfunction. The practice is supported by APPs, a state-of-the-art videourodynamics suite, and a dedicated and experienced clinical staff. There is an opportunity to utilize the da Vinci Robotic System. The medical center offers an excellent opportunity to establish multidisciplinary and outreach programs.
• Expanded men's health services reaching patients in the privacy of their homes
• Emerging multidisciplinary programs in translational care and neurourology
• Clinical trials for patients affected by urologic oncology, urolithiasis, and urologic trauma
• Translational research programs in bladder and prostate cancer
• A new global health educational curriculum to serve diverse and underprivileged populations
• MD or DO, plus ACGME accredited residency training
• Opportunities for fellowship trained Urologists also exist
• Must be board certified or eligible
• Qualify for appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level
• Interest in Health Science Research, desired (not required)
Environment & Culture:
The Ohio State University along with its academic partner the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are located in Columbus, Ohio, the state capitol and the 14th largest city in the United States. From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. With easy commutes and low cost of living relative to comparable metropolitan areas, central Ohio has a temperate climate where fall and spring delight while summers are not too oppressively hot or humid and winters are not too cold or snowy. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry, an eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping, and easily accessible opportunities for sports and recreation for participants and fans alike. The University and Medical Center are home to an exciting, growth-oriented culture of innovation and discovery. Together, these entities have established a bold vision to ensure that the university will be among the leading public universities in the nation for research and creative expression that drive significant advances across disciplines to address critical societal challenges and that the medical center will continue to pioneer breakthrough health care solutions improving people’s lives.
For more on Columbus, please visit https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/careers/about-columbus
For consideration, please send CV along with a cover letter to:
• Trevor Bethel, FASPR | Manager, Physician and Faculty Recruitment | Trevor.Bethel@osumc.edu
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.