JOB SUMMARY:Produces sausage product by operating, adjusting, and monitoring production equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to production operations by complying with policies and procedures for meat processing; Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations, etc.
- Contribute to a safe and sanitary work environment by complying with establishment procedures and rules.
- Prepare and assemble meat-processing equipment for operation. Disassemble and prepare meat-processing equipment for sanitation washing
- Obtain and prepare raw meat and spice for use in production process, operating powered industrial trucks.
- Monitor defect elimination process by following set procedures and operating remote equipment
- Fill V-Mag buggies with fresh-ground sausage product and move them to the Formax machines.
- Obtain and wash meat processing equipment parts.
- Remove and dispose of meat and grease excess from meat processing equipment.
- Obtain and process meat rework by operating remote meat grinding equipment.
- Dispense and apply dry ice (carbon dioxide) to meat rework for preservation of the products.
- Monitor production process of fully-cooked products.
- Produce, cut and pack sausage link products.
- Attend to current needs of the process by responding immediately to the expressed orders of the Production Supervisor and/or Production Foreman.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed and for identifying and documenting quality problems for corrective action and prevention of non-conforming product.
NOTE: Regulations may prohibit an employee from performing some of these duties consecutively without a change of clothes and sanitized gloves.
- The job candidate must be dependable, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, able to work under minimal supervision
- Operation of powered industrial trucks requires certification training.
- The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours.
- ,Must be able to lift a minimum of 75lbs.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.