Under immediate direction safely operates equipment and handles chemicals to sanitize production equipment and to clean the production area.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Use a variety of equipment, including high pressure water hoses, to thoroughly cleanse and sanitize production equipment following established procedures. May be required to disassemble and re-assemble portions of the equipment.
- Apply chemicals for cleaning, degreasing and sanitizing; apply hot water wash down for sterilization.
- Shovel and sweep floors, drains, and sewers from daily production; gather trash and transport trash to compactor for disposal.
- Handle equipment and chemicals in accordance with company, government, and material safety data sheet guidelines.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in worker area; maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with existing policy.
- Comply with organization policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, employment and work rules.
- 0 2 years of similar work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written specifications, blueprints or schematics.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.