Toledo Refining Company is looking for a talented Human Resources Generalist. This position will assist in the execution of local HR programs and processes within all applicable federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. The generalist is responsible for performing responsibilities in the following functional areas but not limited to: full cycle recruiting and employment, training, labor & employee relations, performance management, benefits administration, policy implementation and managing the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Manage full cycle recruiting for all exempt, non-exempt personnel and co-op. Manage budgeted and non-budgeted positions (hiring plan); meet with stakeholders frequently to assess the business needs as it relates to hiring and organizational design. Full cycle includes, assessing the needs, posting ads, reviewing resumes, setup up interview and working with the stakeholder and HR Manager on offer package.
- Develops and maintains relationships with localized recruiting agencies, colleges, training centers and other sources. Participates in recruitment activities such as job fairs, career days, etc.
- Prepare and distribute plant-wide hourly job bids; determine and communicate the job award recipient(s) based on seniority/eligibility.
- Facilitate the on-boarding process and conduct new employee orientations.
- Manage the Organizational Management of Change (O-MOC) process regarding personnel changes.
- Conducting exit interviews and provide summaries to appropriate supervisor levels.
- Assist supervision with drafting performance reviews and improvement plan development, as needed. Ensure appropriate corrective action steps are taken. Monitors the completion status of assigned performance reviews.
- Coach and counsel supervisors and employees on employee relation matters.
- Answer general policy (employee handbook) and procedure questions regarding employment, benefits, payroll, and labor contract.
- Acts as liaison with Corporate Benefits and fosters effective relationships in order to resolve employee benefit issues.
- Create reports and analyze invoices from benefit providers and obtain signoff for payment. Resolve any invoice discrepancies with the carrier through Corporate Benefits.
- Review and track the STD & LTD approval process. Communicate with employee the status of the claim and manage/administer the recoupment process on denials with Payroll.
- Administer the Parental Leave Policy in its entirety (determine eligibility, approval/denial, tracking).
- Coordinate with the Medical staff to determine whether absences are classified as an occurrence; track tardy and absence occurrences, draft disciplinary letters; and coordinate the discipline being issued with supervision and union representation.
- Track FMLA in conjunction with Medical. Manage the transition process from Workers’ Compensation leave and Short term leave to Long term disability leave.
- Ensure the receipt of all discipline letters and log into applicable excel spreadsheet.
- Develop and maintain the HR monthly complement reports, org charts and other HRIS metrics.
- Create and maintain the HR Share Point site.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related business field; SHRM credential or HR certification preferred.
- 5+ years’ Human Resources experience preferably in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of three years in full cycle recruiting.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Workday or other HRIS system experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Energy, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of PBF via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of PBF. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PBF Energy Company as a result of the referral or through other means. PBF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Human Resources Specialist