To analyze and faciliate various Human Resource functions while supporting the business objectives of the department as related to Marten Transport's growth.
1. Assist in maintenance of personnel files updating and organization of employee data.
2. Represent the company during unemployment hearings as needed.
3. Facilitate driver and non-driver issues, counseling or disciplinary meetings as needed.
4. Provide phone and administrative support as needed for the Human Resources Department.
5. Track and administer unpaid leave of absence program determining eligibility and separations.
6. Research project cost and do various research projects as needed.
7. Provide consultative resources to Management.
8. Develop various HR forms and procedures as to be determined.
9. Facilitate headcount and separation of employment details, record and provide appropriate analysis.
10. Serve as an employee informational contact and referral point for a wide variety of HR issues and services.
11. Oversee company newletter including coordinating, writing and editing materials.
12. Serve as back up to clothing store and Human Resources Management.
13. Coordinate policy changes to manuals and other communication pieces.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Work with all levels of employees and management. Will interface with external applicants by phone and in person.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with all levels of employees. Strong computer skills including WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS AND POWERPOINT.
Above average cognitive/judgment skills, sitting for long periods, manual dexterity, light lifting, stooping, bending, listening and speaking ability.
Two years post-high school training/education in MIS or office systems with three plus years of applicable experience, preferable in Human Resources.