The Generator Technician will be maintaining generators, diagnosing and repairing problems, or installing and replacing components or entire systems; performing additional maintenance or upgrades on out of season equipment; conducting performance checks and regular maintenance to ensure the proper readiness. Oil Field and/or cell site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install, maintain, repair or correct problems
- Read and follow blueprints or other design specifications to install or repair
- Install electrical wiring and controls; test for proper operation
- Install fuel and water supply lines, pumps and other components
- Connect electrical wiring
- Use care to conserve, recover, and recycle the oil or fuel filters and other fluids
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair with other Generator Service Technicians
- Be responsible for responding promptly/timely to Power/Generator alarms; have the ability to be on call 24/7 if necessary; respond promptly in answering assigned phone and email
- Operate computer, or similar devices to access required systems and equipment
- Work independently with minimum or no supervision
- Perform work with the awareness of all potential hazards connected with the installation and maintenance of power supply equipment, switching gear and other equipment, including but not limited to falls, electric shock, falling objects, and traffic; use safety equipment and utilize safety practices; attend and participate in all designated safety and training meetings
- Comply with all specifications, industry standards, safety rules and regulations and Company policies and procedures
Knowledge and skills usually acquired through a high school diploma, two year experience with Generator maintenance preferred, customer service; minimum of one year of intense work-related experience with Generator and electrical maintenance related software, hardware and processes.
Thorough knowledge of Generator installations, maintenance and repair of Generators; knowledge of electronic, mechanical and electrical components; familiar with solar panels, moderate computer skills; basic knowledge of pertinent FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA regulations.
The Generator Technician position requires lifting over 50 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing and standing for long periods of time; must have unimpaired hearing, able to communicate orally and via telephone; must be willing and able to drive long distances, work day, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required; must assume 24-hour on-call duty when assigned and be gone from home for extended periods of time.
Why work for us?
- Company vehicle, phone, tablet or laptop and all necessary tools are provided.
- 3 days sick leave, 5 days accrued paid vacation per year
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Choice of three medical plans with 80% of employee premiums paid by Pearce
- Free 25k Life Insurance Policy
- Additional life insurance available for purchase
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid sick time and vacation
- Many opportunities for advancement within the Company
- Merit-based pay increases
Pearce Services is a fast-growing provider of repair, maintenance, engineering, installation, and expansion solutions for the wireline and wireless telecommunications industries. Founded in 1981 in Paso Robles, California, Pearce has grown from a small provider of repair services for local telephone companies into a pioneer for highly specialized engineering, maintenance, and repair solutions for communications infrastructure spanning 40 states. Our ingenuity and proprietary technology have allowed us to continue to expand and evolve with the changing technology of the broadband telecommunications industries.