GeneDx is seeking a Genetic Testing Specialist (Sales Representative) to join our team.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm. Some nights and weekends required. Some (occasional) overnight travel required (sales meetings).
This position will cover accounts throughout Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
The Genetic Testing Specialist (GTS) is accountable to initiate, develop, maintain, and deepen the relationship between GeneDx and community physicians and academic medical centers. The GTS is the "tip of the spear" for GeneDx and serves as the first and primary point of contact for physicians and genetic counselors as they seek to understand ways that GeneDx can support their patient population.
Duties include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Introduces and secures new business, and increases existing business, for GeneDx.
* Accomplishes these tasks through partnership and problem-solving with all call points in the GTS's assigned territory, through consultative selling, education, and serving as the "first line" of account management for physicians, genetic counselors and their staff.
* Accountable for lead generation in an assigned territory, as well as physician, genetic counselor and staff satisfaction with GeneDx programs and services, and coordination of sales/service activities among GeneDx team members.
* Coordinates with operations to ensure consistent follow up and timely issue resolutions.
* Implements agreed upon sales and marketing plans and actively supports development events such as physician dinners and special events.
* Prospects and establishes new physicians and genetic counselors by actively managing a physician/genetic counselor development pipeline and clear illustration and communication of value propositions.
* Promotes GeneDx services consultatively, determines customer needs and requirements and makes recommendations to physicians and genetic counselors of the various solutions GeneDx can offer them.
* Achieves territory specific sales objectives and provides service.
* Engage with physicians and genetic counselors within a defined territory to build trust and credibility for the purpose of securing net new business and increasing existing base business.
* Interfaces with physicians, genetic counselors and their staff to improve communication and understanding of the needs and wants of the practices and its patients.
* Facilitates meetings, educational and promotional events such as "lunch and learns," dinners, CME sponsored events, etc.
* Maintains accurate and consistent up-to-date records of physician and/or genetic counselor activities, including but not limited to all sales and account management calls, presentations, proposals, and follow up within the assigned territory.
* Listens, understands, and works within the context of a customer's concept (vs his or her own agenda) and tailors the conversation to the customer's needs.
* Expresses ideas and concisely disseminates prospect and/or account level feedback that assists the organization in making decisions.
* Works as a team player to provide quality patient care, whether direct or indirect. Incumbent will assist other team members in accomplishing their job duties to "get the job done" and is deemed appropriate by the Regional Sales Manager.
* Holds self and team members accountable for knowledge of and full compliance with physician sales and service related activities and customer service performance standards.
* Participates in planning and uses resources appropriately.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other business-related field
* Minimum of two years in healthcare sales, preferably in a physician sales/services environment or two years of experience as a genetic counselor.
* Must have a clean, valid Driver License and a vehicle to use for work on a daily basis.
* Possess a keen technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to promote multiple service offerings and business opportunities at any given time.
* Must have a professional appearance, be outgoing, personable, entrepreneurial, be convincing without being overbearing, and possess above average communication skills.
* In-depth knowledge of the portfolio offerings and abreast of competitive service offerings.
* History of integrity and professional ethics.
* Ability to handle difficult situations and interactions.
* Ability to work independently and successfully manage time and territory activities.
* Must be able to travel within the coverage area and occasionally assist outside of the assigned region. (approximately 50% travel required)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled