TRAX Test Services
Job Title: Geographical Information Systems Analyst
Job Code: 2018:0402-063 External Posting
Location: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Business Sector: 008 – Geographical Information System
Performs GIS systems engineering on an interdisciplinary team of government and/or GIS professional experts. Performs technical, development and maintenance tasks related to GIS and geospatial activities supporting the test community, range management, and the installation management functions. Other requirements include field data collection, GPS field collection, evaluation of GIS database accuracy and precision, remote sensing environmental characterization, and virtual/simulated/three-dimensional environment development and/or support. Responds and completes customer requests for GIS analysis, data, maps, charts, reports, and custom mapping. Knowledge of GIS industry trends and evolving technologies with ability to evaluate applicability or advantages to current environment. Develops, prepares and maintains the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Quality Control Plan (QCP) for the GIS section in accordance with the applicable Army regulations and policies and GIS best practices and ensure proper execution of SOP and QCP by all GIS personnel. Tracks GIS service requests and ensures that resolution of requests are achieved. Assists efforts to research, analyze, and evaluate requests for new or improved GIS application functionality with emphasis on business requirements, established standards, standard products, and benefits. Develops GIS-based applications and support services as needed to support the GIS mission. Provides enterprise GIS database support, maintenance, and management. Provides technical support for GIS operating system, application, emulation and database software. Performs QA/QC on GIS products. Mentors junior GIS personnel. Schedules and supervises GIS personnel. Other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirement
• BA/BS degree in Geography, GIS, Geospatial Science, Surveying, Civil Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline that includes an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems.
• Demonstrated skills and proficiency with the ESRI ArcGIS product suite (ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop Suite - ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise/Server, Portal for ArcGIS, WebApp Builder, ArcGIS Extensions - Spatial, 3D, Network, Image, Network, Data Reviewer, Geodatabases).
• Must have a strong desire and ability to quickly learn local test methodologies and goals for GIS.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work in a high-energy, team-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must have the ability to work long hours for extended periods of time, often with short notice.
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
•Must have strong customer satisfaction skills. Physical Requirements:
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be capable of sitting at a computer and typing for long periods oftime.
•Must be capable of lifting 25 pounds unassisted.
• Must have the ability to work under extreme weather conditions, in rough terrain.
• Master’s degree in Geography, GIS, Geodetics, Surveying, Civil Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline that includes an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems.
• 5 years of recent experience working with the ESRI product suite.
• Experience as a GIS supervisor.
• Experience working with the DoD, military, or test and evaluation community.
• Experience with GIS geodatabase design, development, and implementation of the SDSFIE data model and FGDC/DoD compliant metadata.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Experience with enterprise GIS database support, maintenance, management, and versioned editing.
• Previous work with Falcon View, ESRI Military Analyst extension, Range Managers Tool Kit, Weapon Danger Zone, and Citrix application portals.
• Experience working with other DoD mapping, charting, and geodesy organizations or contract positions.
• Experience with the development of project schedules, prioritizes tasks, and meets project schedule requirements.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information:
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory preemployment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
Opened on Web: May 23, 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit the TRAX Test Services website www.traxintl.com and submit your online application.