Geoscience Software Developer – Spring, TX
Our client, a world leader in the oil and gas industry, is looking for a passionate and self-starting Software Developer to join their upstream technical computing team. The ideal candidate will also have a background in Petrel and other subsurface interpretation applications. Position will be based in Spring, TX.
Selected candidate must be eligible for direct employment without sponsorship and non-local candidates must be willing to relocate and be based in Spring, TX.
The Upstream Technical Computing teams deliver industry-leading business capabilities and computational sciences through proprietary, commercial-grade software.
The Geoscience Software Developer will develop applications supporting Geoscience workflows (e.g. interpretation and geophysical algorithms, proprietary plug-in development, and proprietary application development) on Windows platform and will work closely with customers and team members to execute all aspects of application development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering, or related fields of study.
- Extensive experience in building, testing, and supporting all layers of C#/.NET and WPF applications.
- Strong grasp of software engineering best practices for code quality and maintability such as OOAD, SOLID principles, automated testing, and automated build/deploy (CI/CD).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities (e.g., delivering value; formal/informal leadership; mentorships); contributed in leadership team role like team lead, dev lead, product owner, solution architect, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with Software Developers and Domain Experts.
- Experience developing and supporting software used by Geoscientists or background in relevant field (i.e. geoscience, reservoir engineering, petroleum engineering, etc.).
- Experience with Agile development practices & software development.
- Strong grasp of the REST architectural style and implementing REST APIs using common frameworks (e.g. ASP.NET Web API, Node.js, Swing, Flask, etc.).
- Experience building data models & data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases with common frameworks (e.g. Entity Framework).
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting on Cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, or Google).
- Experience participating in the user centered design process.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.