Position: Geostructural Operations Lead/Project Manager
Requisition Number: 2020-2100-02
Do you have a passion for geotechnical/structural engineering and building successful teams related to this effort? Are you interested in leading a team of creative, innovative and hard-working engineers and professionals, working together to find solutions where the built environment meets the ground?
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. Our purpose is "helping you prosper," and this applies to our employees as well as our clients and communities. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geostructural Operations Lead/Project Manager to join our team. The geostructural team provides engineering solutions for excavation support, underpinning, bulkheads, slope stabilization, utility support, ground-improvement, shallow and deep foundations, earth-retaining structures, and grouting programs.
The Geostructural Operations Lead role will organize and help build our geostructural team across multiple offices and regions on a wide variety of projects and clients. Your responsibilities will include marketing of these services to clients and leadership of personnel focused on execution of these projects. Specifically, your responsibilities will include business development activities/client visits, trade show attendance, and mentoring/support of personnel focused on geostructural proposals, field geotechnical testing and construction observations, oversight/review of laboratory testing, geostructural engineering analyses, and preparation of reports and design documents. Additional responsibilities may include client/project management, technical QA of reports/documents, and mentoring/supervision of staff. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth!
- Lead and provide support for geostructural activities across the firm;
- Act as a project manager and design lead, responsible for overseeing plans, sections, details, and calculations;
- Perform and review complex calculations in compliance with applicable building codes, standards, and specifications;
- Compile, write, and prepare engineering proposals and reports to summarize information in a technically sound, clear, and concise manner;
- Manage and mentor mid-level and junior staff;
- Perform related administrative tasks, including documentation of project activities, office administration, expense reports, purchase orders, invoicing support, etc.
- BS in Civil Engineering required, with MS concentration in geotechnical or structural engineering preferred;
- A minimum of 8 years of geostructural design and construction experience, related to excavation support, underpinning, and foundation systems across a wide range of projects including highway, power, heavy industrial, commercial, and retail projects;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in one or multiple southeastern and midwestern states;
- Proficiency with soil and rock mechanics, soil-structure interaction analysis and design, numerical modeling and analysis, and ASD and LRFD methodologies;
- Solid understanding of building codes that guide geotechnical, site/civil, and landscape architecture design and construction, along with practical knowledge about traditional and innovative materials and finishes;
- Working knowledge of appropriate computer programs for design and modeling of geostructural systems (examples include Revit, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MathCAD, Plaxis 2D or 3D, SAP 2000, STAAD, etc.);
- Ability to successfully lead and/or work within a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective time-management skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments;
- Ability to travel, along with a valid driver's license in good standing.
To apply go to www.smeinc.com/careers and click the "Career Openings" link. This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor