Founded in 1989, TSi Geotechnical, Inc. is a specialized practice in geotechnical engineering, drilling and sampling, materials testing, and construction observation and documentation. We have extensive experience in a variety of projects in building design and renovation, as well as roads, bridges, water, wastewater and storm water with offices in Kansas City, St. Louis, and Bloomington-Normal, IL.
We are seeking a candidate with a Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Civil engineering or Master's Degree (M.S) in Geotechnical engineering to join our team in Kansas City, MO. Candidates must be licensed to practice engineering (PE) in the state of Missouri.
The successful Geotechnical Professional Engineer candidate will perform the following duties:
- Prepare and write geotechnical engineering reports.
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses, studies, and calculations.
- Manage multiple clients and projects at the same time.
- Interact and communicate with clients, subcontractors, and staff at all levels.
- Review technical reports prepared by lower-level geotechnical engineers.
- Review construction observation reports prepared by lower-level geotechnical engineers.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Follow TSi's Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote TSi's Safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
- 5-8 years of geotechnical engineering experience.
- License to practice engineering in Missouri.
- Working background must include several of the following areas: shallow & deep foundations for buildings and bridges, highway and road pavement design, geotechnical seismic design, retaining structures, slope stability, water treatment plants and sewer projects.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills required
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Must be personable, flexible, and professional.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing and able to travel to support the needs of other TSi offices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
- Basic computer skills: MS Word, Excel, required; AutoCAD desirable.
- Knowledge of engineering software must include use of two or more of the following: gINT, SLOPE/W, LPile, Shaft
- This position requires critical thinking and analysis; frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, and lifting and carrying 30 pounds; working in all weather conditions; field visits per project needs; ability to travel to other offices; and ability to drive (or fly) to and from job sites locally and out of state.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Life/STD/LTD Insurances
- Flexible Spending Account
Compensation: Based upon experience
For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.com
Employment type: Full-Time