Position: Geotechnical Staff Professional
Requisition Number: 2020-2110-03
S&ME is an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey and construction services. Consistently ranked in the top 100 of ENR's Top 500 Design Firms, our markets are diverse and include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education and government. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geotechnical Staff Professional to join our team in either Wheeling or Huntington, West Virginia.
Position responsibilities include coordination of field explorations, field logging of soil samples, performing engineering calculations/design, preparation of proposals and reports, and project and client support. The position will require some travel. Position will work under the supervision of a Licensed Engineer. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- BS (MS preferred) in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering;
- Engineering Intern certification preferred;
- 0-5 years of professional experience;
- Basic working knowledge of construction plans and specifications;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, MicroStation, with the ability to learn commercial software applications;
- Overnight, out-of-town travel and the ability to work outside normal business hours;
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions;
- Routine lifting: 40 to 50 lbs.
To apply go to www.smeinc.com and click the "Careers" link. This is a full-timeposition with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls, or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor