NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
The inpatient service has an opening for a Staff Psychiatrist for one of its Geriatric/Adult units. We are seeking a Board Certified (or BE if within 5 years of graduation) psychiatrist. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. There are opportunities for additional paid sessional work, but there is no mandatory on-call requirement.
- The staff Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical and educational activities on a 23-bed acute Geriatric/adult inpatient unit, including participation in a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program and Geriatric fellowship
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
You will receive:
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Mary Cordoba, Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V