How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Reporting to the Director Advancement Operations, the Gift Processing and Data Specialist is responsible for overseeing the gift processing, data integrity, reporting, and organizational processes that underpin an effective, efficient Major Gifts program. The Specialist will contribute to the creation of templates, processes, and other tools to support quality assurance, data accuracy, budget management, pipeline development, performance and impact tracking, and project implementation. The Specialist will also support reporting and technology needs across the department. Other key operational functions include: Salesforce support, prospect list segmentation and generation, gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Oversees gift administration and tracking Advancement department progress toward yearly revenue targets
- Responsible for accurate data entry of donations from various sources, including stocks, mutual funds, wire transfers, checks, and multi-year pledges into multiple data bases
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices, contracting with vendors/consultants and assisting with budget tracking
- Responsible for database and Giving Society management, overseeing projects such as the Annual Report donor list and ensuring accurate and clean data to meet all cultivation/stewardship and mail merge demands
- Assists Director and Vice President of Advancement Operations in collaboration with IT to design CRM (Salesforce) as a portfolio management tool; designing, building and automating dashboards and reports in CRM
- Help develop Salesforce training procedures with IT and provide supplemental training to Advancement field staff
- Assists Director of Advancement Operations in developing, analyzing and interpreting Advancement metrics, business health indicators, and the maintenance and evaluation of MGO portfolios.
- Collect and analyze data and generate reports both on a scheduled and ad hoc basis
- Develops project plan and assists Director of Advancement Operations with annual revenue projections and expense budgeting process
- Maintain the department’s library of standard operating procedures for gift handling and key business processes and lead internal process improvement initiatives
- Track Board of Directors annual give/get prior to quarterly Board Meetings; produces quarterly personal giving and fundraising summaries for the national Board of Directors.
- Implements chapter support model, including thorough management of central inquiry inbox
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in in a major gifts fundraising setting, preferably with experience in one or more of the following areas: gift processing, data/financial analysis, metrics management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, interpret and analyze large, complex datasets with superior attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in telling stories from data in PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Client-service oriented, with demonstrated expertise in problem-solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with senior executives and major donors
- Experience with major gifts pipeline management best practices and systems
- Self-directed and able to effectively balance multiple priorities independently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working with generating reports and interpreting data
- Experience working with a fundraising Database
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations