USA Girl Scouts Overseas (USAGSO) brings the Girl Scout Experience to the daughters of military, Foreign Service and American expats in over 90 countries around the world and to all girls in American or International schools. Staff teams are located in New York, Italy, and Japan.
We are hiring for a Fund Development and Partnerships Manager responsible for cultivating donor relations; identifying and establishing strategic partnerships to leverage program, volunteer, and fund development opportunities overseas; and coordinating funding events. She/he works cross-functionally to support the Girl Scout mission and USAGSO’s goals and strategic priorities.
- Execute USAGSO’s fund development strategy focusing on alumnae engagement, partnerships, and individual giving.
- Identify, cultivate and engage USA Girl Scouts Overseas alums worldwide and build the pipeline of individual donors.
- Oversee the identification, qualification, cultivation, and stewardship of individuals with the capability of giving major gifts through research and identification of prospects from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Establish new community partnerships to increase revenue and expand program opportunities for girls around the world.
- Develop and coordinate annual fund raising events.
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant fund development experience (experience working with Girl Scouts is a plus)
- 5+ years in a management level position
- Experience working with a virtual team preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Non-Profit Management, Public Administration, or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Superior Oral and Written Communication Abilities (i.e. In person, verbal, written, and/or phone); expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively with a diverse group of girls, volunteers, and staff.
- Technical Computer Skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Razor’s Edge, and social networking.
- Project Management - formulates short and long-term project goals, objectives, schedules, and priorities in line with USAGSO goals; anticipates issues, obstacles, or opportunities that may impact plans or actions; ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines; establishes courses of action for accomplishing goals while attending to and incorporating information obtained during day-to-day administrative tasks
- Judgment and Decision-Making - recognizes when immediate action is required; recognizes when sufficient information has been obtained to make a decision; makes decisions where appropriate or refers decisions to the appropriate organizational level; makes decisions without undue delay.
More about Girl Scouts of the USA:
Take the Lead Like a G.I.R.L!
When she's a Girl Scout, she’s also a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™.
When you think Girl Scouts, you might think cookies, but there’s so much more to it!
Girl Scouts are big thinkers, groundbreakers, and role models. Every day, Girl Scouts unleash the power of G.I.R.L. to make amazing things happen.
- We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
- Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
- Girl Scouts has always emphasized the importance of being civically engaged.
- We’re introducing Girl Scouts of every age to science, technology, engineering
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.