We are seeking to hire a Senior Business Services Managerto work in the National Office in New York City. This is a key position that that leads and develops an internal team to support data analysis, business planning and budgeting, and customer care.
USA Girl Scouts Overseas (USAGSO)brings the Girl Scout Experience to the daughters of Military, Foreign Service and American expats in over 90 countries around the world and to all girls in American or International schools. Staff teams are located in New York, Italy, and Japan.
- A leader and model high levels of motivation, performance, dedication, and commitment and can manage staff in different countries.
- Results-oriented and ensure people have the support and tools they need to meet current and longer-term organizational objectives.
- Flexible and respond positively to change by embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals.
- A problem solver and identify and analyze existing and potential problems systematically and thoroughly
- Customer-focused and acknowledges the views and ideas from customers; identifies, prioritizes, and balances customer issues; takes time to answer questions and explain decisions; follows through on commitments to customers in a timely manner; maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Be a hands-on and participative manager who will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: data analysis and customer care, retail sales, product program, and business planning and budgeting.
- Be a critical role in partnering with the USAGSO’s leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as we continue to enhance our programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for an operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to USAGSO’s Product Program (cookie sales) and retail store driving revenue growth and a high-quality customer experience.
- Oversee and lead the annual planning process in conjunction with the Senior Director; monitor progress and changes.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies.
- Assist teams in applying business processes, procedures and systems to new or changing needs.
Manages the day-to-day contact center and customer care functions:
- Manages all aspects of the contact center, including staff training and supervision, resolution of customer issues, implementation of organizational customer service strategies, development of reference materials and standard operating procedures, oversight of quality control and call monitoring processes; evaluates team performance and customer satisfaction
- Implements efficient department workflow process
- Develops, implements, and manages departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Manages response to messages in department distribution lists
Supervises Customer Care Specialists:
- Provides direction that results in maximized productivity and excellent customer service
- Provides coaching and training opportunities that result in improved job satisfaction and professional growth for team member
Technology Related Duties Include:
- Administer USAGSO-wide data functions, such as lead assignment, data import and export, and user account maintenance.
- Regularly conduct reviews (daily, weekly) of data quality reports, and takes or causes action to be taken to resolve data issues and problems.
- Perform frequent de-duping and cleanup of Salesforce records.
- Handle data quality issues caused by staff errors; identifies individuals involved and root causes, and works with individuals and their respective managers, as needed, to resolve issues and prevent recurrence.
- Assist staff with business process and application training (new, refresher and upgrade). Assists in the creation and updating of detailed business and application procedures. Conducts user testing of new releases and functions in coordination with Volunteer Systems project and national systems support.
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience (experience working with Girl Scouts is a plus);
- 5+ years in a management level position; Experience managing/working with a virtual team preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Business technology expertise - experience with at least one complex business system (ERP, CRM, or the like). CRM user experience highly desirable. In addition to strong PC and MS office skills.
- Ability and experience in training people on business processes and systems use
- Problem-Solving - identifies and analyzes existing and potential problems systematically and thoroughly. Then, makes independent decisions and exhibits strong resourcefulness in finding solutions.
- Group facilitation and presentation skills - the ability to: develop a clear, dynamic presentation that informs, inspires, or persuades; speak before an audience; and ability to facilitate groups of people with diverse needs and opinions to create common goals and solutions.
- Project Management skills – demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines; formulates short- and long-term project goals, objectives, schedules, and priorities in line with council goals; anticipates issues, obstacles, or opportunities that may impact plans or actions; establishes courses of action for accomplishing goals while attending to and incorporating information obtained during day-to-day administrative tasks.
- To establish rapport with others at all organizational levels; respects others; considers and responds to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; establishes and maintains an open dialogue with others.
- Oral and Written Communication abilities (i.e. In person, verbal, written); expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; and communicate information effectively to non-technical people which includes a diverse group of girls, volunteers, and staff.
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.