Sargent Corporation is an earthwork construction company specializing in airports, highways, landfills, commercial and industrial site preparation, utility installation, and wind power access projects. We are currently seeking candidates to fill the following position based out of our Corporate Office in Stillwater, ME:
GIS & AGGREGATE MANAGER
Assist Management with Property that is owned or leased by Sargent Corporation and related companies. Research aggregate resources for potential purchases and operational needs. Monitor and invoice internal aggregate sales to projects. Track annual property tax and valuations for owned properties.
Environmental Compliance and Mine Safety for sand, gravel & quarry, ready mix concrete and asphalt paving operations. MSHA record keeping and assist with training. Maine Department of Environmental Protection Air Emissions, Stormwater, Mining & Land Use permitting and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Coordinate Real Estate purchases and sales
· Develop and maintain a GIS database for all properties
· Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with government agencies and consultants
· Review and understand zoning ordinances and permitting guidelines
· Research of deeds and online databases
· Internal asset management and billing
Mine Safety & Regulatory:
· Enforce regulations, maintain records and assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), Maine Department of Environmental Protection (MDEP) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
· Performs safety surveys for gravel pit & quarry operations
· Maintain and update as needed MSHA Part 46 Training Plan and MSHA Training Records; Annual Refresher, New Miner Training, & Task Training & Site-Specific Hazard Awareness
· Maintain and update as needed MSHA Legal Identity’s (Form 2000-7)
· Submit MSHA 56-1000 Notification of Commencement of Operations or Closing of Mines
· Submit MSHA Quarterly Reports (7000-2)
· Maintain and update as needed MDEP Bureau of Air Quality licenses
· Submit MDEP Bureau of Air Quality- Notice of Relocation
· Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with internal and external parties. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others
· Advises management on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions
· MDEP Stormwater; verify quarterly inspections are completed; ensure compliance with permits; submit annual reports; assist with permitting
· Assist Management with Local, State, and Federal Environmental Regulators and on-site inspections
· Perform related duties as required
· Represent the Company professionally in a friendly and personable manner
- Stay up to date with regulations and requirements by attending training classes and seminars, etc.
- Promote and adhere to Sargent’s Core Values:
Our purpose is to build, and to be faithful stewards of the Sargent legacy and the resources entrusted to us.
Whether you are an employee-owner, a customer, or other business partner; whether measured in days, dollars, or distance; Sargent Corporation will manage every resource with the respect it deserves.
What we value above all else:
Investing in People — The Sargent Culture is steeped in commitment to the well-being and prosperity of our family of employee-owners, and to meaningful relationships with our business partners and our communities.
Honing our Craft — We deliver the talent, the passion, and the determination to provide productive and creative solutions to every project.
Doing the Right Thing — even when no one is watching — Regardless of personal or financial consequences, we conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.
Winning in the Field —A philosophy that our executional spirit — driven by safety, dedication, and mutual fairness—will produce exceptional outcomes and a “win” for all involved.
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED
· Work experience in Heavy Construction
· MSHA Part 46 trainer
· Extensive knowledge of and experience in zoning and land-use permitting
· OSHA 30 hour training
· GIS and mapping proficiency
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Proficiency and experience with GIS mapping software
· Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
· Excellent supervisory skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to travel to visit work sites; some overnight travel required
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job operates in an office environment and in the field. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This role also requires the ability to inspect all areas of work sites, including but not limited to climbing up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects. The GIS & Aggregate Manager must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl in construction areas; including confined spaces. This position requires 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses and be able to hear (naturally or with correction) on sites where the hearing of backup alarms or other sounds may be required.
Sargent Corporation is an employee-owned company that has understood for generations that good people are the key to our success, and we treat our employees like they make a difference – because they do! Now is the time to join the leader in the earthwork construction business. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Health Insurance with Company Contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick) and Holidays
- Voluntary Disability Coverage (STD & LTD)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
If you are ready to join our team and possess the experience and qualifications outlined above, please forward your resume to: Human Resources, Sargent Corporation, 378 Bennoch Rd., PO Box 435, Stillwater, ME 04489 or to apply online, please visit our website at www.sargent-corp.com. Applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
Sargent Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer