CALIBRE is seeking candidates for a GIS Specialist. The successful candidate will join a team to support geospatial modeling, analysis, data manipulation, data creation, data development, data analysis, database development and management, and more. The successful candidate will work directly with the client and CALIBRE PM.
Must have an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
The ideal candidate should have:
- Certified Geographic Information System Professional (GISP), ESRI GIS certification, or Post-Graduate GIS Certificate.
- Project management.
- Team facilitation and leadership.
- Experience performing geospatial modeling, analysis, and data manipulation.
- Experience creating, updating, and maintaining databases, attributes, maps, and graphs using GIS software and related equipment.
- Experience using Bentley’s Geospatial interoperability tools to develop / exchange data in common GIS data formats like ESRI Shapefiles or MapInfo TAB and MID/MIF; CAD formats such as DGN and DWG; XML-based exchange formats such as LandXML; or GML as the ‘transportation vehicle.’
- Experience analyzing spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
- Experience compiling geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, tabular data, databases, and existing maps.
- Entering map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
- Experience in managing and configuring data and metadata to common geospatial standards such as SDSFIE.
- Experience with requirements gathering, definition, and scoping/estimating.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently and efficiently follow standard workflows and instructions.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to maneuver on foot over rough terrain carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Familiarity with the Department of Defense Washington Headquarters Services
- Knowledge of Facilities Management and Configuration Management Programs
- Experience using the spatial analysis extension
- Experience creating and tracking large, complex data sets
- Knowledge of map and drawing standards and compliance requirements
Bachelor Degree in Geography or related physical or geospatial science such as Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Technology, Cartography, Information Technology, Computer Science, Urban Studies/ Planning, or Construction related field. Other education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted. Three years demonstrated work experience.
CALIBRE and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at . Come join our dynamic team. #CALIBRECareers #SPEARCareers