Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry Level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to join our team in our Topeka, KS office. Ideal candidates will have a BS degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science, or equivalent, around 1-2+ years’ experience, or any equivalent education and experience. Programming and relational database experience is also a plus. We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits/ finding new solutions for our engineering (technology) related projects and clients.
- Will perform both geographic and non-geographic data manipulation, management and analysis, cartography, and develop/use automated GIS processes using a variety of software environments
- Will work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a commitment to keeping projects on time and within budget
- Will work in a production-oriented environment as part of a team
- Revise existing GIS layers and create new layers following established standards and procedures
- Correct geospatial location of features based on aerial photography or topography
- Will create high quality maps, GIS analysis, and data for reports to support a variety of Engineering and Homeland Security and Emergency Management projects including: FEMA floodplain mapping, dam breach analysis, levee certifications, municipal Stormwater, remote sensing, hazard mitigation plans, and others using ESRI suite of products
- Maintain metadata and best practices to support systems and data
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 1-2+ years’ experience, or any equivalent education and experience
- ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop v10x (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Database development and management proficiency
- Must possess good organizational, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills
- Attention to details and experience with QA/QC and data analysis
- Presentation skills, including the ability to clearly communicate GIS technologies
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Experience with working in ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for server in a multi-user SDE environment a plus
- Familiarity with programming languages (Python / Visual Basic / C+) is a plus
- Experience with development of applications for data collection using laptops, smartphones and tablets a plus
- Familiarity with FEMA RiskMAP program a plus
- Working knowledge of FEMA HAZUS program a plus
- Experience with CAD platforms and data exchange between CAD/GIS environments a plus
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.