Position: GIS Developer
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Duration: 18+ Months Contract
- Collect, compile and process data from Field staff, as well as other GIS Analysts, to produce maps, reports, and metrics using basic GIS spatial analysis methods, ArcGIS models, and python scripts
- Organize and track large sets of geospatial data from various sources.
- Assist with digital and print delivery of mapping products.
- Work primarily within an ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Office environment.
- Perform basic geoprocessing and cartographic functions; work with complex aspects of the ESRI and ArcGIS models and python scripts developed by the company to support the Vegetation Management Program.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel and Access to collect and process data.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment with other GIS Analysts, supervisors, and interns.
- Collaborate with other GIS Analysts to provide ideas and innovative solutions to Project Managers and other staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Environmental Science or related field is desired.
- Practical experience with Model Builder and Python, including the ability to troubleshoot simple issues.
- Experience with .Net
- Mobile first development experience
- Ability to perform analysis on large spatial datasets.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients.
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to balance multiple complex tasks.
- Capable of learning new software, processes, and procedures as projects require.
- Possess basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access.
- Familiarity with building and maintaining large data sets in an ESRI Geodatabase format.
- Familiarity working in ArcGIS Online and Web Mapping using hosted feature management
- Experience working in a Microsoft SQL-Based environment
- Basic knowledge of Spatial Database Management
77,327 - 103,675 /yearWhat is this?